Recent Topics

1 Jan 22, 2009 03:10    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm using "2.4.5 released on 09/17/08 " with the Miami Blue Skin. URL: http://epapyr.us

It seems that the Preview functionality of comments is broken. I've tried disabling my anti-spam plugins (Turing Test, ReCAPTCHA) which didn't work. I disabled the OpenID authentication plugin, which didn't work. (I've reenabled the plugins, in case you come over to test.)

I can create and send comments with no problem.

Looking at the code:

if( $action == 'preview' )
{ // set the Comment into user's session and redirect.
        $Comment->set( 'original_content', $original_comment ); // used in the textarea input field again
        $Session->set( 'core.preview_Comment', $Comment );
        $Session->set( 'core.no_CachePageContent', 1 );
        $Session->dbsave();

$redirect_to .= '#comment_preview';

header_nocache();
        header_redirect();
        exit();
}

maybe my Session is not being set? But I asked firefox to prompt me for cookies, and it did, but it's still not working. Here's the cookie info, FWIW:

Name: cookieb2evosession
Content: <stuff>
Domain: .epapyr.us
Path: /blogs/
Send for: Any type of connection
Expires: <date>

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I've poked and prodded so much that I'm getting a little glassy-eyed! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 Jan 22, 2009 03:52

It's because you use "clean" urls without index.php, I just removed the preview button on my sites.

It's interesting to see what others think about it :)

3 Jan 22, 2009 04:29

Interesting choice: add index.php or remove the preview option altogether....

Out of curosity, can you share what feedback you have received from removing the preview button?

Thanks for the quick reply!

5 Jan 22, 2009 08:39

You must have something else wrong because preview works on my site and I don't have index.php in my urls either ;)

¥

Form is loading...