Recent Topics

1 Jan 22, 2009 04:05    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.6
I want to show a category name but not posts from that category on the index front page. Is there a way to do it?

See http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5
I want the "Mapping The MIAC" in the list of categories but I don't want "Mapping The MIAC" posts to appear on the front page.

Thanks in advance.

2 Jan 22, 2009 06:40

Try this widget http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=16492

To display it on the home/index page only add the following code in index.main.php above the skin_include( '$disp$', array( block

if( is_default_page() )
{
	$disp = 'homepage';
	skin_container( NT_('Blog homepage') );
}

Then reload the skin on Global settings > skins and add new widget in "Blog homepage" container

3 Jan 25, 2009 16:59

I have the same question, but I'm not sure the response to this post answers it. I want to create a category, but have the posting only show under the category and not on the Main page of the blog. It seems like the response above solves the opposite.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Cindy

4 Jan 26, 2009 15:10

the category widget its already installlllled im usign it

5 Sep 06, 2009 19:23

cinbou wrote:

I have the same question, but I'm not sure the response to this post answers it. I want to create a category, but have the posting only show under the category and not on the Main page of the blog. It seems like the response above solves the opposite.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Cindy

Hey Cindy, did you figure this out? HELP!

7 Sep 06, 2009 21:50

Is it something easy like excluding the category from the the posts section on index.php?

8 Sep 07, 2009 02:49

wow this is really frustrating

9 Sep 08, 2009 01:24

romputer wrote:

Actually "frustrating" is seeing that someone replied 4 times in 8 and didn't offer a solution of any sort. No one has an answer to this okay? If someone did they'd post it. That's how it works, and bumping your own "I want" doesn't magically make it happen.

10 Sep 08, 2009 01:55

EdB wrote:

romputer wrote:

Actually "frustrating" is seeing that someone replied 4 times in 8 and didn't offer a solution of any sort. No one has an answer to this okay? If someone did they'd post it. That's how it works, and bumping your own "I want" doesn't magically make it happen.

"didn't offer a solution of any sort" kinda describes your post doesn't it? Speaking for everyone in the universe you say "no one has an answer to this."

Thanks anyway. ;)

11 Sep 09, 2009 00:42

Speaking for everyone who hasn't provided an answer on this forum thread.

Chances are that the answer, if it comes, will come from someone who can unlock this thread. Until then there will be no more bumping.

Form is loading...