Recent Topics

1 Jan 24, 2009 17:22    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I am very new to this, and not very technically savvy. I was wondering if you could look at my blog here, and answer a couple questions that I think will be easy for you experienced users. My blog is at www.orlandomagicdaily.com.

I've used search to figure out several answers, but these are ones I can't find.

Thank you so much in advance for help that anyone could provide. I much appreciate it.

1. When you click on a post title to read more, it gives a "this page cannot be found" error. I can't figure out why for the life of me.

2. The same goes for comments. It gives a "this page cannot be found" error when you try to comment. I have comments enabled, so it doesn't make sense to me.

3. I have a custom banner at the top, and I installed it by going into the css.style file and putting it under "div.header" (or something like that). But it doesn't look quite right, and there's a red X on top of it. How can I make it fit just right?

Zach

2 Jan 24, 2009 18:48

1. I'm seeing the same thing, but it's difficult to say what that should be. One thing I do notice is that the URL formed when clicking on the header isn't the same format as my skin does. My format looks something like this:

http://www.izdihar.com/index.php/2009/01/23/just-occasionally

whereas yours comes out

http://www.orlandomagicdaily.com/around-the-web

As you can see, the formation is significantly different.

2. The same URL formation difference exists when you try to comment.

3. I can't see a red x above the image - maybe you fixed that one.

Aside from copying the content of the downloaded blog folder into the root of your domain, and running the install file, did you do anything else?

4 Jan 24, 2009 20:01

My install doesn't contain the media/blogs/blog folder, so I can't see that file there. I've not found logo.png anywhere else in the file structure either, nor is it called from the miami_blue CSS. Is it worth removing the file temporarily and seeing what happens? As I mentioned in the previous post, I'm not seeing it here - but sitting behind the Saudi fire wall, that rarely means anything - there's plenty we don't see...

5 Jan 24, 2009 20:29

OK, so that red X was the blog title under "blog settings." I put in OMD, and now it says OMD on top of the logo. I don't want that title on there at all. Do you (or anyone) know how to get rid of the title?

Thanks so much, you've been a great help.

6 Jan 25, 2009 01:33

Looks fine from here.

7 Jan 25, 2009 23:30

The red X only shows up on internet explorer. Not sure what this means or how to fix it.

8 Jan 25, 2009 23:40

So let's see what we got here...

When I view the source file in IE I see that the red ex is linked to your home page through the title widget. It wants to use an image at http://www.orlandomagicdaily.com/media/blogs/blog/logo.png which doesn't exist. Quite frankly I would remove the "title" widget from the header section of your blog. You already have "OMD" and "Home" linking to your home page, so what's up with another image doing the same thing a few pixels away from those links?

9 Jan 26, 2009 05:06

Good! It was the widget. It was that simple. Thanks so much for your help!

Form is loading...