Recent Topics

1 Jan 24, 2009 21:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I finally got with the program and upgraded from 1.10.2 to 2.4.6 today. Everything went smoothly and I’ve made good progress tweaking the evopress skin to look like I want.

The only problem is that I can’t install any new skins. When I try to, I get an error message – “No containers found in this skin!” The skin shows up on the list of installed skins after that, but there is no preview. If I try to use the skin I get a message saying that there was an unexpected error and that the skin does not exist for this blog.

The skins that came with the upgrade all work fine.

Can’t seem to find anything on this in the archives – any suggestions?

Thanks.

2 Jan 24, 2009 21:42

Are you completely certain you are selecting skins for the 2.* generation? I ask because if you download a skin for v2.* it almost has to have containers. So after you upload the files then install the skin (a seemingly pointless but actually valuable step) it should identify the containers AND show you a preview. Oh and do note that the preview image has to be supplied with the skin. That means if the skinner was lame and didn't make an appropriate screen shot no one will see it.

Does this happen on EVERY skin you've tried to install since upgrading?

3 Jan 24, 2009 22:25

Thanks, EdB...

Looking things over I realized that I was the cause of the problem - for each the two skins I tried I had accidentally uploaded a folder that containted the folder that held the skin files (one too many folders...) Once I realized that and moved things to where they belong, everything worked fine.

Like they say - once you make things idiot-proof, along comes a bigger idiot!

Thanks for the reply.

4 Jan 25, 2009 01:17

Yeah cool. I forgot about that problem. Like, you unzip "coolskin" and upload what you get, but instead of getting "/skins/coolskin/files" you get "/skins/coolskin/coolskin/files".

Glad to know you got it worked out!

5 Jan 25, 2009 04:09

Yeah - that's it exactly...

I have to say - this was an incredibly smooth and easy upgrade!

Thanks again -

- MCC

Form is loading...