Recent Topics

1 Jan 26, 2009 07:16    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi !

Can you help me, please ?

How to create static pages instead of the posts ? I mean pages that will be shown in the Pages list ?

2 Jan 26, 2009 07:22

Howdy La7. Pages that show in the Pages list *are* posts. When you want to create a "page for the page list" go to your 'write' tab and make sure to select 'expert'. Thereby you will have a dropdown for "post type" or something very similar. From that dropdown select "Page" instead of the default "Post" and (abra ca dabra alla ka zam!) your post will be saved as a 'page'.

It will not be a "static page". That is an entirely different thing that only matters if your server gets totally nailed because you've been slash-dotted ... or whatever the equivalent is that means "1000 times my normal traffic due to something way beyond my control". Of course by then it is way too late as you ain't getting in either, but that is another issue for another day.

(note to self: try to stay on-topic!)

Okay back on track: use expert mode when writing a post that you want to be a 'page' and from the select option choose 'page'.

Here's hoping this helps!

3 Jan 26, 2009 07:39

EdB wrote:

Howdy La7. Pages that show in the Pages list *are* posts. When you want to create a "page for the page list" go to your 'write' tab and make sure to select 'expert'. Thereby you will have a dropdown for "post type" or something very similar. From that dropdown select "Page" instead of the default "Post" and (abra ca dabra alla ka zam!) your post will be saved as a 'page'.

It will not be a "static page". That is an entirely different thing that only matters if your server gets totally nailed because you've been slash-dotted ... or whatever the equivalent is that means "1000 times my normal traffic due to something way beyond my control". Of course by then it is way too late as you ain't getting in either, but that is another issue for another day.

(note to self: try to stay on-topic!)

Okay back on track: use expert mode when writing a post that you want to be a 'page' and from the select option choose 'page'.

Here's hoping this helps!

Thank you !

O la la ! Come to visit my site soon, it might be very interesting for you: http://www.helprequest.org/

Form is loading...