Recent Topics

1 Jan 26, 2009 21:48    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.1

Hello

I am getting an error message upon posting a comment on my blog in IE6 only at the following link:
http://www.vaughnstreet.com/blog/

The error message reads the following:

Bad Request!
The parameters of your request are invalid.

If you have obtained this error by clicking on a link INSIDE of this site,
please report the bad link to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:
Illegal value received for parameter «pb»!

The comment actually still posts correctly, but the user is taken to an error screen anyway. Does anyone know what could be causing the issue? I just launched the blog, so I'm hoping to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks!

2 Jan 27, 2009 00:31

Oops. I just left you a dummy comment THEN found out I have IE7.

Sorry 'bout that ... and that I've no idea what causes that text to show up for the IE6 folks out there.

Oh crap now I know - it is the stupid obsolete archaic never worked pingback thing. "pb" being pingback yah? Something tells me you just upgraded and have had that skin for a bit of time - right? I forget exactly when we had to purge all the pb stuff from the skins, but you have four choices.

First, search the forums for "pingback" and see if you can find stuff that talks about this problem. Those posts will help you debug your skin.

Second, you can sort through the files in your skins, paying particular attention to files with "comment" in the name, looking for stuff that talks about "pb" and somehow fix them.

Third, when doing the second thing you might stumble upon stuff talking about trackbacks ... or tb as a parameter name. When you find something like "$tb = 1" or equals zero you can put a "$pb = 0;" on the very next line.

Fourth is probably the most fun: throw a wild party where everyone gets naked and dance on the tables and everyone else uploads pics of all the hot chicks :D

3 Jan 27, 2009 22:29

Thanks for your reply.

After reading through some other people's frustrations with the same problem related to pingbacks, it sounds like Option 4 is my best bet!

This seems like a real bug in the blog software. If pingbacks are supposedly obsolete, why is there still code written into the newest version of the software to account for them?

I will try some of the suggestions that other people have made, but it all seems pretty fruitless so far.

If I come across anything that helps, I'll be sure to post here, but in the mean time I hope someone smarter than me can help us all out!!

Thanks again.

4 Jan 28, 2009 02:51

The problem is that pingbacks used to be part of the core, so the core needs to be able to work with blogs that had them.

The problem is in your skin - not the core files and not the skins that come with the core files. So I guess option five is to compare your skin to a 'stock' skin and see if you can see where $pb in your skin might be causing the issue. Sadly, it is a lack of a value for $pb that is causing the problem, but comparison might be the best way to find it.

But yeah option four stills sounds the best :D

5 Jan 28, 2009 17:19

Ed - okay, thanks for the feedback. I will dig through the code in my skin a little bit and see if I can track down the problem. I appreciate all your help.

Form is loading...