Recent Topics

1 Jan 28, 2009 18:49    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I got this error after I installed and tried to run one of the sample blogs:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted

Not sure exactly what it means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

2 Jan 28, 2009 21:13

/conf/_advanced.php .. change this bit :

// If you get blank pages, PHP may be crashing because it doesn't have enough memory.
// The default is 8 MB (in PHP < 5.2) and 128 MB (in PHP > 5.2)
// Try uncommmenting the following line:
ini_set( 'memory_limit', '64M' );

3 Jan 29, 2009 00:03

Thanks for your help.

I tried that, but I still get these errors when I try to run the sample blog:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/www/jet-hot/blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php(210) : runtime-created function on line 1

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/www/jet-hot/blog/inc/_core/model/db/_db.class.php on line 662

4 Jan 29, 2009 00:22

It's not often that I offer what may be better advice than ¥åßßå but I might have one this time.

Your inc folder might be corrupted. Get a brand new copy of the version you have installed. Unzip it on your computer. Now you have a brand new set of all the files. At your server DELETE the entire /inc/ folder - gone! Now upload the brand new stuff you just unzipped.

And yeah start with a brand new download because IF a file is corrupted you have no idea if it broke when you unzipped or uploaded or installed or what right? So go straight to the downloads page and get a new copy.

5 Jan 29, 2009 00:47

Thanks.

Unfortuantely I tried it and it still gives me the same errors. It gives me the same fatal error in one of the samples, but it's in a different folder than /inc. It's actually in the /skins folder:

/skins/_item_content.inc.php on line 1

Form is loading...