Recent Topics

1 Jan 31, 2009 14:01    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello.

I decided to change the format of the URL for blogs, thereby changing Blog Settings => URLs.

Where are the URLs stored? I first thought by re-saving the post(s), the record would update the URL -- NOT...

So, how to do this? I looked in previous forum threads and didn't find this particular answer.

Thanks in advance.

2 Jan 31, 2009 14:32

that should have done it, but since it didn't I reckon we'll go a bit deeper eh? Some investigative details are in order!

What option did you have for "blog settings" "urls" that you changed both before and after?

Where did you not see the change you expected and how did you get there?

(sorry if these sound like noob questions, but hey we gotta make sure we're on the same page right?)

3 Feb 01, 2009 00:38

Thanks for your reply, EdB.

While in the learning/configuring stage, I used the stub file in the b2evo root directory therefore I used the "Relative to baseurl:" option as say, 'blog5.php'.

Now that I'm about to 'Go Live,' I've decided to again use "Relative to baseurl:" but instead using say, 'subdir_name/' in place of 'blog5.php'.

To test, I called up that blog, '...www.example.com/blogs/subdir_name/' and got a 404 error message. I then went to see if that folder had been created upon saving the new URL format and it wasn't there, so I manually created it then moved the stub file into it and renamed the stub file to 'index.php.' Now I see the blog just fine and even my sticky post listing still works. So far, so good.

Now when calling the post I resaved under the new URL which contains the new subdir_name, I'm receiving a 404 error. If I had to guess, I would think the system is looking for a physical file within the new physical subdir since it seemed to want a physical subdir for calling the blog itself as previously mentioned.

Must I not use this URL format? :?: Must I be forced to use the 'blogs/index.php/subdir_name' version instead of 'blogs/subdir_name/'? :?: I was trying to simplify the URLs.

Thanks.

4 Feb 01, 2009 00:42

he permanent link is saved at the time of creating the post. Try to change it in Edit.

Good luck

5 Feb 01, 2009 01:24

Afwas wrote:

he permanent link is saved at the time of creating the post. Try to change it in Edit.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply, Afwas.

When hovering over any of the links, they show exactly what I want them to show. It's just that a 404 error is received upon clicking on the link.

Might the reason be as described in my previous reply or might there be another reason? :?:

Thanks.

6 Feb 01, 2009 07:04

UPDATE:

I succumbed to changing the URL format to 'blogs/index.php/subdir_name' since the format I tried using 'blogs/subdir_name' which is without the 'index.php' part doesn't seem to work. Oh well...

Just a note to folks:

When I changed the URL to this latest format, all of the links changed without having to re-save posts it affected -- thank goodness.

Maybe in future versions, the URL format options will allow e.g. the 'blogs/subdir_name' version without needing it to be a physical path. ;)

Form is loading...