Recent Topics

1 Feb 01, 2009 04:14    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

If you have the smilies option checked when you're writing a post and you type the correct characters you get, well a smilie. That's me, master of the obvious. ;)

If you type ; followed by a D, you get the grey grinning and winking guy. But if you use character entity for, say, a quotation mark and then have a capital D after the mark, you'll get the grinning guy instead of "D.

This has happened to me a couple of times. I've gotten around it by simply disabling smilies for that post. But this prevents me from using smilies elsewhere in the post. Is there any way around this problem? (The other option, of course, would be to not use character entities, but I'd rather not go this route.)

Thanks.

2 Feb 07, 2009 17:38

Hello there OtherRob. I'm pretty sure you can go into your smilies plugin settings and change what text turns into which smiley.

yeah you can do that - I just checked.

So like edit where it has ;D to something like :grayfacewink: even though that would suck to type if you wanted that smiley. The thing is you can then use character entities without conflict, and still click on the graywinksmilegrinwhatever icon to get that bit.

3 Feb 07, 2009 17:46

A quick noddy question from me, but I don't recall seeing a smiley option in my posts - is this a plug-in or something I can turn on?

4 Feb 07, 2009 17:48

yep ;)

pretty sure it's installed by default though

¥

5 Feb 07, 2009 17:49

Ignore - found them

It wasn't installed by default, just had to go digging round the back... :oops:

6 Feb 08, 2009 19:49

Note to self : make smilies work on whole "words"

¥

7 Feb 10, 2009 04:53

EdB wrote:

So like edit where it has ;D to something like :grayfacewink: even though that would suck to type if you wanted that smiley. The thing is you can then use character entities without conflict, and still click on the graywinksmilegrinwhatever icon to get that bit.

Thanks, EdB. Worked perfectly. :D

Form is loading...