Recent Topics

1 Jan 31, 2009 17:46    

Please include Aggregate ALL blogs in v3. It is very useful..........:roll:
http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2008/04/13/aggregate-all-blogs-in-v241#more916

2 Jan 31, 2009 22:32

Hi farhad2na2

Nice idea, but there may be an issue with photoblogs and to a lesser extend; do you want your linkblog included?
So that would ask for an ALL BUT solution ;)

Good luck

3 Jan 31, 2009 22:36

I thought about doing "All -N" but figured that's a niche market.

Currently one runs out after 255 characters ... although I haven't check that in v2.4.6 and don't play with CVS at all. So how many blogs can you include before hitting that limit given that there must be a comma between them? But seriously, if someone doesn't want "All" then they wouldn't type that - right?

How would a photoblog be an issue if you aggregate it into another skin? It'll shrink the image to fit and include any text that the poster might have added.

4 Jan 31, 2009 22:43

Ninety seven.

So the way things are, "multi-blogs" means 97 assuming you have all blog IDs less than 10 used IF you want to aggregate all of them into a blog. Oh wait a minute lemme check something...

Okay you can go all the way up to 98 blogs if you don't actually post into blog #1 and want to aggregate all the posts from all your bloggers into blog #1.

5 Jan 31, 2009 22:46

Wow I am totally full of it today!

Imagine a world where you could check a box that says "I am the aggregator blog - all other blogs shall feed me unless they specify not to", then a checkbox on each blog's settings that one would have to uncheck to avoid being aggregated.

* This code is freakin awesome, and the smarter it gets the more microscopically detailed the 'problems' become. Dig on how "I can't aggregate tons of info without actually typing a lot" is an issue! Try reaching that level of issue in the puny little POS known as wordpress!

Form is loading...