Recent Topics

installing widgets before you know what they are

Started by on Jan 31, 2009 – Contents updated: Jan 31, 2009

Jan 31, 2009 21:21    

Here's how it works: I click "install widgets" for any given container. I see a list of widgets and click on one. I get the widget's settings page with an "update" button.

As soon as I click on a widget's name it is installed, even if it turns out that wasn't what I thought it was.

I think it would be better to not actually install the widget until someone clicks the "update" button ... which really on install should say "install this widget".

Jan 31, 2009 21:38

The widget has to be inserted in DB (installed) before you can see its settings.

I think there should be an enable/disable button like the one on plugins page, so when you install a widget it's disabled until you click "Update".

Jan 31, 2009 21:57

Nah that ain't right. The widget shows default settings, which are contained in the file.

But yeah "enable/disable" with a "disabled" status until someone clicks "update" would be cool. Except it doesn't help when you didn't want that widget. Now you have to get rid of it.

Form is loading...

Advanced CMS – This forum is powered by b2evolution CMS, a complete engine for your website.