Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2009 02:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

When I (admin) or other members leave a comment we get this error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/content/l/e/t/letstalkshit/html/b2evolution/blogs/skins/nifty_corners/_item_comment.inc.php on line 33

Yet the comment still posts with this error. This only happens for members, not guests, who leave comments. Any ideas?

2 Feb 06, 2009 10:27

Hi kmizike. What version are you using?

3 Feb 07, 2009 01:22

Hi Ed I am using version 2.4.6

4 Feb 07, 2009 01:35

Okay that's interesting. Cuz see your error message skins/nifty_corners/_item_comment.inc.php but that skin in 2.4.6 doesn't have that file. So you customized it I'm guessing? If so you might consider simply renaming it to "dunno_what.php" for a little while and seeing if skins/_item_comment.inc.php throws an error. I'm guessing it won't, which means you then have to figure out what's not good about your version of that file ... and fix it :)

6 Feb 07, 2009 02:12

Ok that fixed it. So I'm wondering do I need that file or no? Thanks for the help :).

7 Feb 07, 2009 02:38

You need *a* copy of that file, but it can be in either /skins/ or /skins/yourskin/. b2evolution will use the second one if it exists, or fall back to the first if the second isn't there. So that's how you would customize a bit for one skin without causing the same customization to happen to all skins.

Form is loading...