Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2009 07:14    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello, I just recently started using b2evolution as my main site. I haven't had a website for years so I lost a good majority of my knowledge for creating a website. I installed this blog script and love it. However, I have one gripe. I added the user widget, but there is no register link. I want people to become members. I can make accounts in the admin but there is no way for non admin to make their own accounts. How about do I fix this? Thanks in advance!

Edit*
Also, how do you get rid of the cheap hosting and adsense link at the bottom of the blogs. I found the Design link code but not the ones I just mentioned.

2 Feb 06, 2009 07:32

Hi Ice-Nine,

Welcome to the forums.
Good chance the link is there but you don't see it. You're admin of your blog and so you're a member. That information is stored in a cookie. Try to logout, that may work or may not work. Else try to visit your blog in a different browser or on a different computer.

The link is located just under the header (top menu) or in the sidebar under 'User Tools' usually near the 'Login' link.

Good luck

3 Feb 07, 2009 05:37

Afwas,

Thanks for the comment back. I did what you suggested and the link still does not appear. It was actually my fiance who brought to my attention and she uses a different computer from me. I go to the widgets and the User Tools properties and it has the Register property with the content box so I am not sure why the link does not appear on the actual site.

4 Feb 07, 2009 05:53

This is a sad condition: there simply is NO "register" link. You can, with widgets, have a "log in" link which will take a visitor to a magical place where they actually could register (assuming the option to register new users is enabled), but from the top level of the public blog there is simply no "register" link.

Damn. Shoulda found the hack before I started typing. Now I gotta ... do stuff. be right back okay? Stay tuned and buy stuff from the non-existent sponsor...

...pause...

Are you still there? Check out http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=86709#86709 if you're up to hacking a pair of files. If not you will have to accept that people who want to register will somehow have to guess that "first click login then click register" is the only way to get inside.

5 Feb 07, 2009 06:48

I am not sure what magical places you have been to but there is no register option when you click log in either. That was one of the first things I checked for.

As for the link to the topic, thanks! I will be checking that out.

6 Feb 07, 2009 07:06

Hey EdB, the code rewrite worked great. Thanks for the help.

7 Feb 07, 2009 12:59

EdB wrote:

... (assuming the option to register new users is enabled) ...

:) Glad you got it working, but it won't actually work if you haven't enabled registration.

errr wait that can't be right. If you didn't have registration enabled the (hacked in) widget wouldn't have shown up. So you must have had it on, which means there was a register link available after someone clicked the login link.

Not that it matters cuz you got it working so life is good!

Form is loading...