Recent Topics

1 Feb 08, 2009 09:17    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,
First of all, i just wanted to say- "way yo go!!!" I've started working with the b2evolution blogs and it's grate. pretty easy once you get the idea.
However, I'm trying to create a blog that supports Hebrew, yet i can't find a way to install anything that might do the trick.
Is there a way for my blog to support Hebrew, or should i give it up?

waiting for your response,
Shanny

2 Feb 08, 2009 11:42

shalom shannysol. Welcome to the forums.

So for Hebrew you'll want to create a language pack (translatable strings are always in English, then the language pack provides the 'other language' translation), and you'll want to go "RTL" instead of "LTR".

I'm not sure, but I think not going RTL is why there hasn't been a Hebrew language pack. Yet something in the back of my mind is telling me someone did an RTL version... Can't recall though. You might want to search the forums for RTL and see if you can find something to get you started ... or hope someone who knows how to make b2evolution go RTL comes along.

(I can make English go RTL but that won't work for Hebrew because you would have to make your language pack go LTR so that CSS could turn it around to where it belongs :roll: )

Oh and another thing about translations is the "locale". There is a "EN-IL" locale that mostly sets up the date and time formats the way Israelis do. And a little Israel flag but I think most skins have given up on using the flag icons.

Anyway "real RTL" is going to be your show-stopper. Sorry!

3 Feb 09, 2009 14:18

First of all- 10x for the help. It's got me up to the step, where I've created a new folder for Hebrew, including translation of the po. file. I do have one more problem- when i click "extract", it doesn't create a new global.php file, and because of that (i think), the blog doesn't show the word's in Hebrew, even though i updated it everywhere....
help? pls?

5 Feb 11, 2009 13:51

I did. I also installed gettext. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. when I try the cmd commands, i get the error: "This script needs the xgettext tool." what should i do ?

6 Mar 19, 2009 10:55

I finally managed the hebrew in the blog (I'll be uploading the _global.php file soon...).
However, when i try writing a new post in hebrew, it gives an error. from the SQL server, saying it has a mix of utf8_general_ci and latin1_swidish...

From what i read, that is the defualt language, yet i can't change it or create a new one.

Can anyone help?

7 Mar 19, 2009 16:55

shannysol wrote:

I finally managed the hebrew in the blog (I'll be uploading the _global.php file soon...).
However, when i try writing a new post in hebrew, it gives an error. from the SQL server, saying it has a mix of utf8_general_ci and latin1_swidish...

From what i read, that is the defualt language, yet i can't change it or create a new one.

Can anyone help?

Try this ^_^ http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13709

You need to switch your DB and a file in your /conf/ to utf8, the instructions in that thread should help you :D

Shalom fellow Asian (I'm from the Philippines) and welcome to b2evolution!

About the LTR/RTL, try to search W3C at http://www.w3c.org (search for CSS and (X)HTML), it might help.

Form is loading...