Recent Topics

1 Feb 08, 2009 06:52    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Need assistance please;

I kept getting the following error on installation of the b2evolution when it was trying to install the sample files and blogs:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/M/a/r/Marine/html/Blogs/install/index.php on line 552

So I just told the install module to NOT install the sample files, and it finished perfectly. Haven't a clue as to why.

At the bottom of the success screen, I got the admin account password just fine, but when I tried the login to the admin account I now get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/M/a/r/Marine/html/Blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 447

I am using godaddy.com as my host and have never had a problem with ANYTHING being installed prior to this, however I really wish to use this on my site as it seems to be what I need to blog my way to heaven with my family genealogy site.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

2 Feb 08, 2009 19:45

Chances are you have a corrupt download.

Grab a fresh copy of the zip and re-upload all the files and see if that cures it

¥

3 Feb 08, 2009 22:14

¥åßßå wrote:

Chances are you have a corrupt download.

Grab a fresh copy of the zip and re-upload all the files and see if that cures it

¥

NOPE - that didn't work either.

I completely reloaded ALL files; TWICE. Deleted the DataBase(s) on my IPS's server and rebuilt them under sql 5.0 because a "4.3 or higher" error began to crop up.

Uploaded ALL files again, and did the install again; reset the config not once, twice, BUT three times; no joy.

As a matter of FACT; the EXACT same error calls were found after all this, so I don't think it has anything to do with my server provider; EVERYTHING else that I've loaded when without the slightest hitch.

Needless to say, I'm moving on to something else. Three FULL days wasted trying to work with this puppy is to much time for ANY software, free or not.

I REALLY wanted to use this package though as it looks, on the demo sites anyway, just like what my users would have enjoyed; OH Well, sa' la' ve'

Thanks for all your help working on this issue.

If anyone comes across an answer, please send me a copy of the solution:
Marine@glasgow-ky.com

4 Feb 08, 2009 22:47

I wonder if you got a brand new copy of the .zip package before uploading everything again? Because if the problem is a bad file and it happened when you first downloaded the package then ... well ... you see where that'll go eh?

Not likely someone will come up with a solution without your active participation though :(

5 Feb 19, 2009 01:05

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as Paul. I too am using a godaddy.com host. I'm using b2e v2.4.6 with a MySQL 4.1 db.

Why doesn't the installation work right out of the box?

7 Feb 19, 2009 03:03

If godaddy is working for you overall then yeah stick with it, but I dropped them like a hot potato covered with icky stuff I didn't want to touch.

I am NOT saying it's a godaddy issue because I really don't know, but for me on the two hosts I use I simply make a database and upload my files - and it works.

Rover4 I'm sorry you had to do it 4 times but hey it's working so that's good. And welcome to the forums!

Form is loading...