Recent Topics

1 Feb 12, 2009 02:29    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi,

I am sure this has been asked hundreds of times but I still can't find it in the search.

I am running multiple blogs with various users and this all works fine. However, 2 of my blogs have a link to an about page in the menu but when I went to create a third, it does not have this link.

I thought it would be easy to sort with a little php code but I have looked through the source and cannot work out what is different or why the link is appearing in those blogs that have nothing assigned to make it appear.

Any help is greatly appreciated as ever.

Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks EdB. Very helpful. See you around.[/b]

2 Feb 12, 2009 02:53

What's up SandMacd!

Yeah so it eventually works. Maybe this will help you see how: each "page-type post" is basically a fancy "post-type post". That means it really exists with one Main Cat (and maybe several sub-cats) and therefore will be seen in one blog (and maybe others if you allow cross posting across multiple blogs). Shortened: each post including page types are really only present in one blog.

Now we want to see this "page-type" in multiple blogs, so how do we do that? The same way we would see a regular post in another blog: aggregate blogs N,X,12 into blog 4. For example of course. I believe it'll be your "Blog settings ->pick a blog -> advanced" where you get to pick which blogs aggregate into the one you're looking at.

The drawback to that method is that ALL posts will aggregate - not just the "page type" posts. There is another way to skin this particular cat, but that too will provide another drawback. Anyway let's see if this info gets you forward.

Form is loading...