Recent Topics

1 Feb 12, 2009 16:03    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi!
In my [url=http://ebablogs.com/]blog[/url] only the registered members can post and read comments...
Now, from the moment guests have no the "post comments permission"
HOW can I open certain posts to guests but not at others posts,
meanwhile the registered member continues to read and post anywhere ?

Thanks in advance !

Roberto

[url=http://ebablogs.com/]Basketball Statistics Blog [/url]

2 Feb 12, 2009 16:15

That would depend on exactly how you did your modification that restricts comment - right? If your hack is something that doesn't care about post ID then you probably can't make it post-specific. Then again if your hack affects each post alone then you should be able to undo it for any specific post.

Old version though. Not likely you'll find too many folk who might be able to help willing to dig up those old bones and stir them around :(

3 Feb 12, 2009 16:20

For instance, You mean to allow guest globally to read and post comments, and to close for the post I don't want them to read and post ? And how the registered members read it ?

4 Feb 13, 2009 20:48

Instead of being so hard and sarcastic with "those old bones", it would be better if you take a minute or two to think why there is so many posts about problems with upgrading B2e and why I am still with "those old bones"....

I have 5 web sites and the B2e Blog is the most painful task in the upgrade process... For example, my SMF Forums, very much more dangerous than the B2e blog in security areas to be late in upgrading, performs the upgrade automatically: appear a notice in red letters in my SMF admin cPanel: "Please, upgrade urgently ! Click here and here !... and that's all !" The upgrader script works alone (only I have to give the upgrader the address where is my server...).

Just one month ago, I tried to upgrade by means of "fantastico", the same that installed my B2e blog, I had problems, didn't suceeded and my server support restored the back up...

I am a blogger, a writer, not a webmaster as you, and generally the bloggers are alone, don't have a staff of webmasters in the "team"... At B2e must understand this, what in Google and Blogger knows since ten years ago...

Sorry, I am very sorry, I don't know what YOU know, and you don't know what I know... that's the life ! By the way, my blog is about basketball analysis, and you did the most splendid AIRBALL of the current NBA season with my old bones.... my friend !

5 Feb 13, 2009 22:04

What I meant was what I said: your modifications are yours. Therefore you will have to modify your modification yourself. IF people here were still using a version that is officially designated as 'Depreciated' you'd probably get a lot of help adding new bits.

But everything moves on eh? When the dev team made a new release some folk got on board instantly. Others, like me, waited a long time before trying to get it done. Mostly that was due to having to re-figure-out all my hacks.

Now good old 1.* is so old that support is simply not here anymore.

PS upgrading would be much easier if it wasn't for hacks. Like yours. Like mine. version 3 will come out soon. I dread it because it will mean the few hacks I've done to v2.* installations will have to be re-figured-out again.

Oh and take a hint. When you get no answer figure no one knows an answer. If you want to get all pissy about it go ahead, but don't expect people here to suddenly rush out and install an old piece of software just to make you happy. Duh.

6 Feb 13, 2009 22:05

Oh and if you had problems with Fantastico you should take it up with them. Oh wait: they're not open source and don't bother answering questions from users. Doh!

Form is loading...