Recent Topics

1 Feb 17, 2009 05:47    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

the description of rendering seems easy enough to understand, but I am still not getting it. can I just set everything to always and be done with it?

Also, do you have to have a log in and password to access the blog?

I have a website that I am integrating the blog into...the members already sign into the website..I didn't want them to sign into the blog as well..

thanks so much

2 Feb 17, 2009 08:18

Yeah sure but dig on this: Lets say you have 10 renderer plugins rendering but you only use stuff that one or two of them understands. It's basically like paying 8 or 9 guys to hang out while 1 or 2 do all the work. That's okay if you're a government but for regular folk the math don't make sense. So it would make more sense to have renderers "opt in" if you're probably not going to use that syntax often, then enable it for the occasional post where it will help.

Two questions in one ain't fair so here's your unfair answer: nope unless you want them to post in the blog in which case they need a login and password but since they already have a L&P you consider acceptable then all you have to do is trick b2evolution into accepting it. Probably by writing a custom plugin or some really cool code.

Actually that's a pretty durned good answer. Note to self: work on crappy answers to secondary questions.

3 Feb 18, 2009 01:30

Thank you so much Ed for your help..

I will post 1 question per post going forward :)

cheers!

Form is loading...