Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2009 03:19    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I went in a downloaded B2evolution onto my server from my servers link. Now I cant get it to make a new blog as there was never a user name and password assigned or asked for.

Can you help?

2 Feb 27, 2009 03:59

Hi gakstatter. Welcome to b2evolution and the support forums.

More info, please. Like: did you use Fantastico or a similar "auto installer" tool, or did you install the software yourself by unzipping the package and uploading files to your server?

But hey I'll tell you for a fact it did not install without a username and password for ID#1. If you used an auto-installer then you supplied the login and password. If you installed it yourself then it gave you 'admin' and a randomly generated password. Therefore if you installed it yourself then try to login and tell it you lost your password. It will ask for your login name, which you will say is "admin", then wait for the email that allows you to reset your password. If you used an auto-installer then only you know what login name you gave it.

3 Feb 27, 2009 04:05

Finally I went fishing through everything and poof there it was right in front of me....My user name....admin! Just like you said! You must be a genius! Thank you so much for the information. :p Sometimes it takes me a while to get things, but eventually someone nice (like you) saves the day! Now let me see if I can actually get it set up correctly on my website! LOL

Thank you so much!
Deb

Form is loading...