Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2009 10:57    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello,

I have recently installed a blog at my site www.actorreactor.com

Is there something I need to do to allow me to paste large amounts of text and then save?

I keep trying with some old articles I have written, but I get this everytime...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, admin@s*****.web-mania.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

2 Feb 27, 2009 11:10

Can you make a regular post (typing) without issue?

Might your source material have something odd in it? Meaning if you are pasting from an advanced editing tool can you try going through something like notepad first? (ex Microsloth Word -> notepad -> blog post).

Oh and welcome to the forums!

There is nothing special required to be able to copy/paste by the way. In fact I'd say there is either something really odd in what you are pasting in OR there is something about your server that is limiting your ability to use this application. So a bit of figuring out what works and what doesn't will help narrow down the root cause. Hopefully!

3 Feb 27, 2009 11:14

Hi, thanks for the welcome, and the swift reply.

I already tried pasting from word, and then from notepad, and the problem seems to be with the actual amount of text, because small amounts, (say two paragraphs) will paste fine. The article I'm trying to upload however is quite long.

I have emailed my server too to look into this, as it could well be something at their end.

I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed a chmod somewhere, or some other admin configuration...

4 Feb 27, 2009 11:23

Ah okay that explains a heck of a lot.

I suggest you use the search feature linked above and try to figure out some good keywords about this topic, then put stk in the box for author. stk fought this issue a long time ago, and therefore I'm pretty sure you will eventually find your answer.

It is, by the way, a "limit" in b2evolution. Not a bug though. The thing is all fields in a database have a limit. If the application used the biggest allowable field for everything then the database portion grows bigger needlessly. So the way the database is set up is to handle what the vast majority of folk out there will be able to work within without ever noticing a limitation.

Anyway yeah search for stuff like "really long post" or maybe "really long post field limit" by stk and eventually you should find something helpful.

Form is loading...