Recent Topics

1 Mar 13, 2009 19:01    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.5

I swear I posted about this before but I searched and can't find anything.

The time on my new posts is off. If I go into Global Settings and then go to Regional, it says

Current server time is: 11:52am.

Which is not correct for me - it's 1:52pm.

So I try putting a 3 in the time difference block and I still get the wrong time. Using + or - 3 does nothing, either.

What am I missing?

Even if it got screwed up with the recent time change, wouldn't it only be an hour off?

2 Mar 13, 2009 19:34

hudson2001 wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.5

I swear I posted about this before but I searched and can't find anything.

The time on my new posts is off. If I go into Global Settings and then go to Regional, it says

Current server time is: 11:52am.

Which is not correct for me - it's 1:52pm.

So I try putting a 3 in the time difference block and I still get the wrong time. Using + or - 3 does nothing, either.

What am I missing?

Even if it got screwed up with the recent time change, wouldn't it only be an hour off?

It's confusing, yes ;)

Current server time is well "the server time" NOT your Blog time.

Add 3 or +3 in the field, click Save, and create a test post. You'll see that the time of your post is correct to your local time.

IMO, there should be a "Blog Time" as well as a "User Time" the way Forum Software provides it.

• Server Time <-- useful for admins

• Forum/Blog Time <-- useful for non-logged-in users

• User Time <-- useful for logged-in users (since they'll probably set up their time to their own local time - do we have that in b2evo? Haven't noticed)

• [/list:u] Reply back if it solves your problem ^_^

3 Mar 13, 2009 20:02

I must be losing my mind. I already tried the + and - 3 and it didn't work. Then I just tried it again...and it worked!

4 Apr 15, 2009 15:54

Okay, can someone explain why the times might suddenly be off again? The time has been correct ever since I had the issue the last time, and today I looked and it's an hour off. I don't think I haven't been paying attention since the time change... so is there any reason it would suddenly change?

5 Apr 15, 2009 16:42

Are you on a server that's just changed over to summer time? ( uk for instance? )

¥

6 Apr 15, 2009 16:46

/n00b question

Server of the ISP or server of my domain host?

We had a time change a few weeks ago...but I didn't notice the issue until today. I am 98% sure I would have noticed it before now, if it was due to the time change.

7 Apr 15, 2009 16:48

Server that your domain is on

The clocks only went forward here a few weeks ago ;)

¥

8 Apr 15, 2009 17:05

Just checked - my domain is in Texas.

Time has little meaning to me anymore...with a 10-week old at home!

9 Apr 15, 2009 18:22

My server moved once in the middle of the night. It was in Texas which I thought was good because if I was mad at it I could threaten to come over and beat it up given that Texas was pretty close. Then blammo it moved to Florida. The host had some forum threads about upcoming moves and stuff but I didn't pay attention to their forums because their forums are boring. You gotta be nice else you get banned. Like "no critical statements of any kind will be tolerated by you stupid tools". Wierd, but anyway it up and moved and my time shifted. A few weeks later the host's home page bragged about data centers in Texas and Florida.

If your timezone is off by the right amount for it to be in Florida maybe it went there for spring break and decided to stay?

10 Aug 11, 2009 19:23

Okay, sometime in the past day or two, my time changed AGAIN! And strangely, it's 45 minutes off! (I just posted and it posted at 12:30 and it's actually 1:15!)

Now, this can't be a server relocation (time changes of 45) and there's no time change I'm aware of.

This is verrrrry strange.

Thoughts?

I will be checking the Global Settings again, but why the heck does this keep changing?

11 Aug 11, 2009 20:04

If all else fails, change the CMOS battery on the server

¥

12 Aug 11, 2009 20:11

I don't have access to my blog's servers (I don't have my own servers)...or are you teasing me?

13 Aug 11, 2009 20:12

I'm teasing you ;)

This has to be a host/server change .... evo doesn't tend to change the time offset on it's own.

¥

14 Aug 11, 2009 20:15

Okay, phew, glad it was teasing! :)

I can't imagine any (good) reason for a server to change times this often, and in such a weird increment?? That's the most baffling part. If I just had to deal with this during time changes or something, that would be one thing. But in the middle of nothing? Just randomly?

15 Aug 11, 2009 20:17

Look on the bright side, you're unique ;)

¥

16 Jan 08, 2010 07:31

Don't worry about that unless you want to got it in the first page.

Form is loading...