Recent Topics

1 Mar 13, 2009 17:19    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Tried to access my admin page this morning and wasn't able to log in... it refreshes to a page that says "Wrong password/log in" but its' not the admin.php page, instead it's "htsrv/login.php"

Also, when I try to view the actual blog itself, I get this page http://www.roir-usa.com/news/index.php

What the hell happened & how can I remedy this? Running b2evo 1.10.2

Thanks in advance!

3 Mar 13, 2009 17:37

Nope.

http://roir-usa.com/news/admin.php is where I usually log in.

When I try to log in there, it tells me I have the wrong login/password (which I definitely do not) and takes me to http://roir-usa.com/news/htsrv/login.php. Each log in attempt is incorrect.

I didn't change anything last night and I was able to access yesterday without any problems, so I have no idea what happened!

4 Mar 13, 2009 17:41

Looks to me as though something may have happened to your database, as opposed to your blog. I don't suppose you would have access to any sort of control panel (often found via your hosting account) to look at your database, would you?

5 Mar 13, 2009 17:49

Yes, I do. I'm logging in to look at that right now. Any idea what I should be looking for?

It does look that way, because I just asked to reset my admin password and it worked fine and took me to the admin interface. Except all my posts are gone and everything else as well.

6 Mar 13, 2009 17:54

Have a look at the data in your database and see if anything is there at all. If you look in something called 'hitlogs' for example, you should see at least a few entries. The other names of the fields are pretty obvious. See if you can find any of your data.

If it's all gone, then I'm afraid it's not good news unless you have a backup.

However, again assuming this is the case, it does beg the question as to what happened to your database. If it wasn't you then presumably somebody else was doing something to it. And if they were very conscientious they might have made a backup first. So you may wish to speak to your hosting company and see if they know anything about it.

7 Mar 13, 2009 18:36

Thanks so much for your help. There are files in hitlogs, but it looks like all the files in the database have a creation date of today at 7:48am. Perhaps my host performed a weird re-install this morning that wiped out all my posts, data & settings. That's at least what it looks like.

I'm attempting to contact my webhost right now but apparently they're the most difficult people to contact ever. And they repeatedly give us problems. Time to switch.

8 Mar 13, 2009 18:43

Bad luck :(
I think you may indeed have located the problem there. Hope you have better luck next time - oh, and welcome to the forums, by the way!

9 Mar 16, 2009 09:21

annabananarchy wrote:

Yes, I do. I'm logging in to look at that right now. Any idea what I should be looking for?

It does look that way, because I just asked to reset my admin password and it worked fine and took me to the admin interface. Except all my posts are gone and everything else as well.

How did you change the password? I am having exactly the same problem and when I enter the control panel to look at the MySQL server status it appears it was "new" on March 14th. I can't even get to the login screen now, I'm getting a pink and blue error page telling me to contact the administrator (I think that's me!)

I've submittted a support ticket to my hosting provider, but in the meantime it would be good to know where to go to change the admin password.

10 Mar 17, 2009 00:04

Do you mean you have a working B2evo installation but you have lost your data?

11 Mar 17, 2009 07:20

No, I haven't lost my data. My B2evo admin login just stopped working. I was able to log in to my hosting provider control panel and see the MySQL database tables but I couldn't get into the blog through admin.php to add posts.

It turned out that hosting provider put a new server in place over the weekend and that caused the problem. They were able to resolve it in about 12 hours.

12 Mar 17, 2009 09:47

OK, glad your host was helpful. So is your issue resolved now?

13 Apr 23, 2009 10:55

We had a similiar problem. Any solutions for that?

14 Apr 23, 2009 14:24

filthio wrote:

OK, glad your host was helpful. So is your issue resolved now?

Yes, I'm so sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. It wasn't a b2evo problem, it was my hosting provider.

Form is loading...