Recent Topics

1 Mar 16, 2009 16:20    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I moved from my previous server to one of b2evolution's recommended ones, the one with "best support" (unfortunately they haven't being too supportive yet but... let's give them some time).
The fact is I moved all of my files to the new server, exactly as they were in the old one, I gave the necessary permissions to the appropriate folders and files and... started having all sort of problems, right now I'm having one after the install script asks me if its a new install or an old.
I answer its an upgrade and after thinking a bit it says:

Upgrading data in existing b2evolution database...

Checking DB schema version...

OOPS! b2evolution doesn't seem to be installed yet.

Any ideas , anyone?

2 Mar 16, 2009 16:25

Now I'm getting this error:

This is b2evolution version 2.4.6.

You cannot use the application before you finish configuration and installation.

Database schema is not up to date!

You have schema version «0», but we would need «9700».

Please use the installer to finish your configuration/installation now.

On most installations, the installer will probably be either here or here... (but I can't be sure since I have no config info available! :P)

So I go "here or here" and I'm taken to square one...

3 Mar 16, 2009 16:32

Try this:

1. Re-upload your old files and old DB to your new host (do not use the new files yet) - since your new site is probably mixed-up already, so let's start from scratch to be safe

2. Open your /conf/_basic_config.php file

3. Update your settings with your new host's stuff (DB name, password, etc.)

4. Change "$baseurl" to your new URL

5. Check "$config_is_done" if it is '1' (should be 1 if you copied from your old files)

6. Login to your backoffice, and go through each "tabs" and "sub-tabs" and update what needs to be updated

7. If you see something not working, list it down and please repost here ^_^

8. [/list:o] Now if all works as it used to be, then time to update to the latest b2evo:
    1. Move all your old files to a new sub-directory in your server - do not move your /conf/_basic_config.php file; as well as your media directory and custom skins

2. Upload the new b2evo except /conf/_basic_config.php file

3. Go to http://yoururl.com/blog/install/ to upgrade

4. [/list:o]

4 Mar 16, 2009 16:38

Thanks laibcoms but I stll get the message:

You cannot use the application before you finish configuration and installation.

On most installations, the installer will probably be either here or here... (but I can't be sure since I have no config info available! :P)

http://www.guillermocasanova.net, try it

5 Mar 16, 2009 16:50

gcasanova wrote:

Thanks laibcoms but I stll get the message:

http://www.guillermocasanova.net, try it

Hmm, that's weird. You sure you updated your /conf/_basic_config.php file to the DB settings of your new host?

What the error says is basically that it can not find any existing b2evo database. It is also possible that you are missing a DB table when you exported or imported your old DB.

Try also doing a new export of your old DB - this time, cut it into different files - say, every 10 tables, that's one file export.

So check your /conf/_basic_config.php and your DB, one of the two is the problem.

Finally, if all is correct, time to ask your host, I've experience once wherein the server I'm supposed to be connecting to is not the one I am connected at - the localhost is pointing to the wrong DB server :p

6 Mar 16, 2009 16:58

I'll try what you suggest; uploading fewer tables and see what happens. The address I'm sure is correct.

I'll keep you updated.
Thanks for your interest and hep.

7 Mar 16, 2009 17:56

gcasanova wrote:

I'll try what you suggest; uploading fewer tables and see what happens. The address I'm sure is correct.

I'll keep you updated.
Thanks for your interest and hep.

No problemo ^_^

I know how frustrating it is, happened to me before when I transferred.

8 Mar 16, 2009 23:50

You still have access to the old host? If so try using the 'backup' feature to backup your database, then the 'backup' feature on the new host to restore the database using the file 'backup' created. The only tricky part there is that you might have to rename the file it made to match the new database name. For example my database might be named domain_bvlt1 but the new one is named domain_db3, so I would rename the file from "bvlt1.sql.gz" to "db3.sql.gz".

If you use the export feature then there is an option to "add drop table / view / ..... " - make sure it is checked.

The thing is when it finds the database your _basic_config.php is pointing at it finds the schema value of "0" which simply can't be. Therefore the problem is that it is finding a database that does not have any information in it. So getting the database to actually exist on your new home AND to actually contain all the right data is the key.

9 Mar 17, 2009 01:43

EdB

Here's what I'm getting when doing what you suggest:

MySQL error:
Table 'guille6_b2evo.evo_settings' doesn't exist(Errno=1146)

10 Mar 17, 2009 03:55

To be sure I was doing everything right I deleted the database I somehow had managed to restore, then I proceeded to get a new backup following EdB's instructions but now I can't even import/restore the new MySQL backup.
I must be doing something very wrong but I don't know what!

11 Mar 17, 2009 04:10

I'm too tired to try to understand why but the database did get restored and the blog is up again although another blog I had as an addon domain lost its database...
The new problem is that spanish characters are appearing garbled... can anybody point me to the solution?

Thanks to all!

12 Mar 18, 2009 04:59

Check that your DB connection (via PhpMyAdmin); DB itself; and the Tables of your DB are all "UTF-8" or whichever charset you were using from your old host.

Check also your /conf/_locales.php file

(Note: I'm going to use UTF-8 here)

$force_io_charset_if_accepted should be: $force_io_charset_if_accepted = 'utf-8';

$db_config['connection_charset'] should be: $db_config['connection_charset'] = 'utf8';

--
Now about the "addon domain"...
any other information? There are many factors for that.

1) They're sharing the same /conf/ files
2) They're sharing the same DB name
3) They're sharing the same Table Prefix on the same DB name
4) and others...

How did you setup your main domain and addon domain in your previous host? Are they sharing the same /conf/ files; DB name?

Form is loading...