Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2009 00:15    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi Everyone:

I haven't been here in sometime.

Within the last week or so I've had a 500 Error come up in my blog #2, that never happened before. A post will be saved in Draft. When I'm ready to Publish a post the Error comes up. No one else is having a problem with their blog, as far as I can tell.

The Host looked into the problem and they told me the following:

As per the logs I could see the error is with the definition of blog in the /b2evolution/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 364.

Undefined variable: blog in /b2evolution/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 364, referer: http://www.blanksite.com/b2evolution/blogs/admin.php?ctrl=skins

I looked at that file and I don't see anything out of the ordinary or a cause for the problem.

if( $blog == 6)
{$login_required = true;}
else
{$login_required = false;}

The b2evo version that I'm using is 2.4.2 (planning to upgrade with the next version that comes out in 3x with a stable version). Any suggestions or an explanation as to why this would happen all of the sudden?

Thanks for your help. :)

2 Apr 08, 2009 09:23

if( !empty( $blog ) && $blog ==6 )

¥

3 Apr 08, 2009 20:04

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I'll see how it goes in the next several days.

4 Apr 08, 2009 21:43

I'm so sorry, but that didn't work when I made a post several minutes ago. :( Same error occurred. Any other suggestions????

Thanks.

5 Apr 15, 2009 18:14

I'm still having a problem with this and it is only happens on 1 blog - #2. Yesterday I made a post and didn't save it but instead published right away. The Internal Error occurred again.

My question is, why would this happen in one blog and not the others? How can this be fixed?

6 Apr 16, 2009 14:28

Fancy sending me an admin login ++ ftp login so I can have a play?

¥

7 Apr 17, 2009 20:05

Ok, I only managed to get a short while to play today, been a smidge busy trying to keep a few thousand plants alive ( gotta love how everything goes tits up at the same time :-S ).

I've narrowed your problem down to the subscriptions emails that are sent when making a new post, blog 2 is the only blog that has a subscription.

I haven't had a chance to find out "why" the subscriptions cause a server error yet though, hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow ... especially of all the plants die, cos then I'll have loads of free time :roll:

In the meantime you can delete the subscription for user 1 on blog 2 and all should work ;)

¥

8 Apr 17, 2009 20:16

Hello There:

Huh, very interesting! Will do.... thank you very much.

Let's hope your plants will be okay. :)

9 Apr 17, 2009 21:09

I'm undecided if I want the plants to live .. I mean, they're really nice flowers and stuff, but if they die then it means I'd gain an extra 500 feet of bed space to grow food in :D

I'll have a play tomorrow ( if I get a chance ) and see if I can find out why the email stuff throws a paddy, at worst I can disable it completely in your files ( in case anyone adds a new subscription at a later date )

¥

10 Apr 17, 2009 23:28

Growing food is certainly a good thing!

Just made a post and worked fine, just as you said it would. :) It is curious though why the email thing would be a problem when it hadn't been in the past. Odd.

Form is loading...