Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2009 04:05    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

My blog was attack by virus recently. After clean the virus, some of my file become 0 Kb.

And when i go to my blog, It was no different at all, just like normal. no information has been delete..... but when i go to back office, i found that i can't go to back office to manage or write anything at all.

It remind empty page. what can i do?

2 Apr 08, 2009 04:23

Howdy lovenature. Do you have a local backup of your files? If not go to the downloads page (linked above) and download the version you're using and unzip it on your computer. Next on your server delete the entire /inc/ folder ... and any other folder (except media!) where you know you have zero-byte files. Now upload from either your existing backup files or the files you just unzipped the entire /inc/ folder ... and any other folder(s) you may have deleted. Everything should work after that :)

Oh and make sure you get a backup of your database just in case. Usually wiping out all the files and replacing them will fix stuff without ever hurting your database, but it's always a good idea to have a fresh backup of your database.

3 Apr 14, 2009 02:00

I have upload a new /inc/ folder as you told and now, I can leave comment but can't manage, write or go to dashboard....

I haven't backup the file before, what can i do?
If i want to re-install the blog, what folder should i back up?
which folder did the data placed in??
:'( :'( :'(

4 Apr 14, 2009 02:04

The fact is, when i click on dashboard, write, mange <---this three button, the page will become clean, empty, didn't show that it was error or link error.

5 Apr 14, 2009 03:29

Backing up files now is kinda ... too late :(

Don't worry though because actually all the data is in your database. The only folder you actually need info from is /conf/ where the _basic_config.php file is. That is the file that connects to your database, so you need the info in that file. Oh and your /media/ folder because b2evolution (of course) has no backup of the files you've uploaded.

So that makes things a little easier right? Take that brand new package you unzipped to get the /inc/ folder and do the same with almost every other folder in your blog's installation. EXCEPT /conf/ and /media/ ! In fact let's start with the ones that probably have no customizing done to them.
/cron/
/htsrv/
/rsc/
/skins_adm/
/xmlsrv/

ONLY if we have to should you delete and replace your other folders.
/conf/ - one very important file
/plugins/ - anything you added won't be in the core package
/skins/ - anything you customized will be lost

/locales/ is an odd one. You actually don't need it if you are using English. For any other language though you will have to restore your /locales/ folder and the language pack that matches you.

Also in the "root" level there are quite a few files that you might not even use, but better to have and not use than use and not have eh? Particularly important is the file called admin.php because it really does a lot of the work in the back office. Well ... the way a manager does a lot of work in a factory :) IT decides which files in /inc/ get called into action for any given job, and right now you have a job that won't get done.

Anyway at the "root" level you can probably just compare file names from your server to your fresh copy of your version. If you have a file that is in both then delete it from your server and upload new from your computer.

Sorry this sucks so much, but hey be happy you're still seeing your blog because that means your database didn't get attacked. That means eventually everything will be right in the world.

Oh and move slowly and carefully. Each step make sure you know "I will delete this then upload that ... then check it to see if things got better".

6 Apr 15, 2009 01:49

Thanks a lot!! :D :D

it become normal again! :D

Form is loading...