Recent Topics

1 Apr 13, 2009 17:53    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi
I decided to use the b2evolution because it is too easy when installing and can understand most of its installation steps.
When I finished the installation I found a error when post a topic..
All the help available next the steps tell some think about the directions ( user destinations file and the media)

I can not understand or I really ignorant about the file order, is it:
www.7elmi7.com/blog1/media/users/

plz let me finish this and start bogging

http://up2.m5zn.com/photo/2009/4/13/08/1b22gj34d.bmp/bmp

http://up2.m5zn.com/photo/2009/4/13/08/6059za28g.bmp/bmp

*edit*
HUGE bold text removed

4 Apr 13, 2009 18:34

Hi helmi7. Sorry 'bout the delay here. Personally I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, but I might have an idea so let's try to fix it.

First off, on the page with [URL "filename"] setting you probably don't need to put anything in that field. I suggest removing 'media' from it and getting the problem fixed first.

Now to the problem. In the fourth screen shot you have some text in a red box that happened after you tried to upload an image. Right? You saw that after you tried to upload an image? I'm guessing it says something like "can not create these directories due to permissions". And of course it didn't upload the files.

So here's the deal: you need to use an FTP program to change permissions on 3 of your folders. Sometimes there is a way to do it through your host's interface if you don't have an FTP program that you like. Changing permissions is usually called CHMOD which means ... I dunno what it means :)

Anyway you find your /media/ folder and note to yourself what the permissions currently are, then change them to 777. This is usually done by checking all 9 boxes in a 3 by 3 grid and seeing the 'total' go up each time. After you do your /media/ folder you then will need to do your /media/blogs/ folder and your /media/users/ folder.

By the way there is a small but real security risk if you do this. Your host can provide a tool called SuPHP that will make it so you don't have to change the permissions, but one thing at a time eh? First get them to 777 so you can upload pictures, then talk to your host about how come they don't have SuPHP for you to enjoy.

Good luck with it!

Form is loading...