Recent Topics

1 Apr 17, 2009 21:53    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hey dudes:

I'm running a 1.10.X version on server 1, using the domain www.sobrenada.org.

I also have another account, a server 2 (on the same host company) with a brand new 2.45 version installed for tests. This account has no domain attached, so the guys at the host gave me, for testing, the address http://gragoata-mindnet.com.br/~sobrena/

I exported the databases from 1 (actual site) and imported on 2. So far, so good. Installation on server 2 was ok, and I am able to access the "homepage" of the 2.45 on server 2. I can even click on "login".

The problems:
- Maybe because I exported databases, when I click on "login" on server 2 (Test) it directs me to the REAL site (server 1), version 1.10.X.
So I cannot login to the TEST site. I tried to access directly http://gragoata-mindnet.com.br/~sobrena/admin.php , but to no avail: the login page is correct, but when i click on the submit button, it directs me again to www.sobrenada.org, the server 1.

I need to change this directioning or loose the domain for this test installation.
Someone knows what I have to do? I really believe this is simple to resolve, but it is beyond my knowledge :).

Thanks in advance
Sergio

2 Apr 17, 2009 22:48

Sounds like maybe 2 things need looking at. First what is your $baseurl in your 245's /conf/_basic_config.php say? In the same file make sure the database connection bits are pointing to the new database ... of course.

Then just for kicks I'd look at one of the files in /conf/ that begins with _a for ... ... aw crap I always forget so lemme go look. Okay it is /conf/_advanced.php and you want to set $instance_name to something that isn't the stock value of whatever is there now. Just a few letters is all - not a domain or whatever. It'll do something special that'll make it eat a new cookie.

Hey I'm also not sure about how b2evo will respond to the ~sobrena bit but one way to find out is to see if you can get it working eh?

3 Apr 22, 2009 20:53

The baseurl thingy worked perfectly. Seems so obvious, but i didn't notice that.
And about the ~sobrena: it is responding well so far.
Thanks again for the lifesaving tips!

Sergio

EdB wrote:

Sounds like maybe 2 things need looking at. First what is your $baseurl in your 245's /conf/_basic_config.php say? In the same file make sure the database connection bits are pointing to the new database ... of course.

Then just for kicks I'd look at one of the files in /conf/ that begins with _a for ... ... aw crap I always forget so lemme go look. Okay it is /conf/_advanced.php and you want to set $instance_name to something that isn't the stock value of whatever is there now. Just a few letters is all - not a domain or whatever. It'll do something special that'll make it eat a new cookie.

Hey I'm also not sure about how b2evo will respond to the ~sobrena bit but one way to find out is to see if you can get it working eh?

Form is loading...