Recent Topics

1 Apr 23, 2009 17:07    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.6

Hi,

On top of the page, just below header is a horizontal menu with several items like 'Home' 'Contact' ...

I've found a way to prevent the page list widget from being added as menu items there.

Now I need to add my own real life menu items!
What is the proper way to do so?
Within which file?

2 Apr 23, 2009 19:02

Editing files is rapidly becoming obsolete, use the freehtml widget ;)

¥

3 Apr 23, 2009 20:24

Right then.

In thi scas I have to get rid of the existing menu!...
Where to?

4 Apr 23, 2009 20:28

Well you know we can't see "this case" right? Assuming it is ... assumable then it is a widget available via "Blog settings -> pick a blog -> widgets". Simply delete whatever widget you don't like, and add the widget of your dreams.

Free HTML lets you pop in HTML stuff, but be aware that depending on where you put it you might get <li> before it and </li> after it. Or maybe <ul> and </ul>? Anyway give it a go then do a 'view source' to see if it is generating something more than what you bargained for, and tweak accordingly.

5 Apr 23, 2009 20:45

Thanks, found it... All fine now :-)

6 May 16, 2009 20:27

Hi all!

Am pretty new to b2evo and this forum.
I want to really add my own menus or customize the existing, and i heard of the free html from the fouls.

But the problem is that I can't find the plugin when i search the widgets; the only I see is free php.

Any help to see where to download or get the free html plugin...

Thanks in advance

7 May 16, 2009 20:48

From B2Ev o admin page select "Blog's Widgets"
Then on top of EACH section you'll find the "Add Widget" link.

And YES there is one on top right of the Menu section too...
Click it and then look for the "Free HTML" witget to add it.

8 May 18, 2009 00:21

Thanks so much for the answer on the free html.

Now i want my blog to handle three categories (Quiet Time, Articles and Testimonies).

I want to know how I can change the menu items into the specific categories (which i have already created) so that navigation is only through these categories.

Thank you so much.

9 May 18, 2009 16:24

Sounds like you want to use the "Categories" widget, although that may or may not be the name. Whatever name it has, it will be something like 'categories' ;)

10 May 19, 2009 00:38

Thanks so much for the support given me so far.

I tried the options you gave, but I only could have "category listing" or something.

What I want is that menu item A links to Category A, and Menu B links to category B.

I want to create such menu links; I have already created the categories, I need guidelines on how to create the menu items.

Thanks in advance.

11 May 19, 2009 00:55

As you want 3 links on your menu -navigation- ; just add links to the container via free html widget

<a href="#">Quiet Time</a>
<a href="#">Articles </a>
<a href="#">Testimonies</a>

and link them manually to the corresponding categories..I dont know what skin you are using.. If that manual links does not look like the menu items post back, we ll look into it

12 May 19, 2009 08:08

Thanks so very much for the support. The suggestion worked for me and I have the menu items created for Articles, Quiet Time and Testimonies.

But like you rightly guessed, the menu items do not look like the original Home and Login. There is a background image which is missing from the ones i created.

The menu items are there alright but are a bit hard to see. So please help me look into it, like you rightly suggested.

Thanks so very much.

13 Jun 08, 2009 09:01

wildtochild.com

I used the freehtml option to put a link for a forum. But as you can see from the site it's not matching the existing "buttons." Is there a bit of code I need to put in, or am I stuck?

14 Jun 08, 2009 09:47

I think you might need to put an <li> around your link

<li><a href="http://forums.wildtochild.com/">Forums</a></li>

15 Jun 08, 2009 19:31

lturner,

Two saves in a row. Thanks again!

Form is loading...