Recent Topics

1 Apr 23, 2009 16:19    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

:?:
Where do you change the names and URLs of the menu widgets?

The widget type states: "Menu link, Display a configurable menu entry/link"
But i cannot figure out WHERE to configure javascript:emoticon(':(')

Is there an explanation of these 2 types of widget links somewhere:

1. Blog Home Link
2. Page List

THX! [/list][/list]

2 Apr 23, 2009 20:12

I'm not sure I understand what your goal is here. Like, why would you try to add a smilie to a widget? If you want to change or add a smilie you would hit the plugins tab then the smilies plugin name, then play with the settings in there.

Plus I'm pretty sure widgets don't have URLs. The stick bits on your blog, and some of those bits have URLs, but "changin the names and URLs of the menu widgets" ... okay maybe I got it. You want to use the menu widget but are not happy with what it is calling a link, and/or not happy with where it is pointing to?

IF that is the case then pretty much you don't want to use the menu widget. It is a simple "pick this get that" type of thing, although if I wasn't so lazy I'd release my "widget improvement pack" that lets you change the text each of those items links. Not the destination - only the text.

1. Blog Home Link is part of the "Menu link" widget, and points very simply to the home page of the blog you put that widget on.
2. Page List is kinda cool but you gotta use "page type" to see it do anything. Basically it makes a list of all the posts you have that are "page type" posts. So what you do is make a post called for example "About My Shoes" and on the dropdown menu for 'Type' when you are writing that post you select 'page'. Now the Page List widget will display a link to that post ... and it won't show up in the regular list of posts on your blog.

Hope it helps!

3 Apr 23, 2009 20:43

EdB,

THX for the quick reply -- i messed up with the smilie, it copied over my text and rendered the question incomprehensible. and i didn't preview first...

i wouldn't call you lazy at all! Your "widget improvement pack" sounds very interesting...

I guess the best way to customize a menu link would be FREE HTML for now?

Thanks again Ed!

~ b2evolution dominates ~

Form is loading...