Recent Topics

1 Apr 28, 2009 10:03    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.5

My email in the backoffice admin section is correct. However, when someone fills out the "contact" form to send me a message (and passes the turing test), I do not get the email. The screen does say email sent. In backoffice, I do have the box checked that says 'Check this to allow receiving emails through a message form.'

Also, I do not receive any email messages when new comments are made (like I used to, waaay back in the day). I do have the box checked that says 'Check this to receive a notification whenever someone else comments on one of your posts.' So I never know when comments have been made - I just have to periodically check to see if there are any and then publish them (I *do* have it set to make them draft. Is that the problem? Do they need to automatically publish for me to get the email? If so, that didn't used to be the case as far as I can remember.)

Thoughts?

2 Apr 28, 2009 15:34

hudson2001 wrote:

Also, I do not receive any email messages ....... (like I used to, waaay back in the day).

Thoughts?

Ask your host whats changed ;)

¥

3 Apr 28, 2009 16:56

So, can I take that response to mean this should be working? :p

And when I say back in the day, I mean at least 2-3 or more years ago. It hasn't been working for that long. I have checked my spam filters and the messages aren't there.

I did used to have a different email listed (blogmaster@) but then changed it to my main address (jen@) so maybe that made some type of difference? Although I'm not sure how...unless maybe the original email got stuck in code somewhere and the new email isn't taking effect?

Yes, I'm grasping at straws here...

4 Apr 28, 2009 19:33

I'm guessing that if you've lived with this problem for 2-3 years then it's a smidge on the low side of your priority scale ... worth taking a look at $admin_email in whatever /conf/ file it's in ;)

¥

5 Apr 28, 2009 19:48

¥åßßå wrote:

I'm guessing that if you've lived with this problem for 2-3 years then it's a smidge on the low side of your priority scale ... worth taking a look at $admin_email in whatever /conf/ file it's in ;)

¥

True...I think of it frequently but never seem to get here to write about it, lol.

That said, I found the email in the basic_config file (in /conf) and it WAS the old email! So I changed it and did a test send from the Contact form and still didn't get any email... :?:

Is there another place I might have to change the email that I'm missing?

6 Apr 28, 2009 20:15

bugger, it's never the easy answer :-S

can you send emails through other apps installed on the same host ... not that I'm even hinting at the remote posibiltily that you've even begun to think that there may be apps out there that do things that b2evo doesn't do ( unless it's footer spam I guess ), but, on the off chance you've stooped so low, can they send emails?

If they can and evo can't then that'd be interesting. If not then I'd be emailing my host with "what did I miss?" ... which is a completely pointless task really, since I'm my own host :S

¥

7 Apr 28, 2009 20:31

¥åßßå wrote:

bugger, it's never the easy answer :-S

can you send emails through other apps installed on the same host ...

¥

What other apps might that be? (Why do I feel so stupid?) I don't have any other apps installed on my website or through b2evo...???

8 Apr 29, 2009 01:25

Stuff like maybe if you have wordpress or phpbb installed on your domain. Or lots of other different programs that are out there.

If you aren't running any other types of thingies you could install one and see if it can send an email when it is supposed to just to see if your server can send mails, then delete it.

9 Apr 29, 2009 03:55

I guess that's something I'll have to look into if I have the time. Maybe when my kid is three. :)

10 Apr 29, 2009 22:48

hudson2001 wrote:

Maybe when my kid is three. :)

Don't be so hasty!!

wait until he's a teen at least :roll:

¥

11 Apr 30, 2009 00:04

Once the child is old enough to reach the keyboard say "no twittering till you debug my email issue" and your problem will be resolved. A high-chair can come in handy in this case :)

12 Apr 30, 2009 00:22

EdB wrote:

Once the child is old enough to reach the keyboard say "no twittering till you debug my email issue" and your problem will be resolved. A high-chair can come in handy in this case :)

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

13 Apr 30, 2009 17:32

For a laugh create, and upload, "giggle.php" with the following code

<?php
ini_set('display_errors', 'on' );
mail( 'complaints@microsoft.com', 'Many thanks', 'MS Software reminds me that there are much lower places I could stoop' );
echo 'did yah see an error yet?';
?>

Then call giggle.php up in your browser ;)

¥

14 Aug 26, 2009 05:50

- My website at www.blogtika.com has problem too.
- User cannot use contact form and email sending from blog.

- You can solve a problem?

Form is loading...