Recent Topics

1 Apr 29, 2009 17:04    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hi All,

I am new to b2evolution, and I got a problem where the user cannot review a new post.

Scenario:
1. Write a new post,
2. Then click review.

Instead of showing the review, it will return to the blog, as if I click "Exit to blog" link.

There are about 6 blogs in the same domain and only one has this problem.
This happens every time I try to login as admin where the path to index php not does have the blog id as parameter, i.e.
it works if I login like this www.mysite.com/blogs/admin.php,

but it does NOT work if I do this (clicking the login button) www.mysite.com/blogs/employee/index.php?blogID=3

I am pulling my hair hard without any result...please give me at least a direction to fix this?

Thanks heaps

2 Apr 29, 2009 22:45

It may interest you to know that 2.4.5 has been out for ages ;)

¥

3 Apr 30, 2009 00:01

I'm thinking that should have been "2.4.6 has been out for ages" yah?

Sorry dondonakal, but with such little info available (specifically a link to the actual error) the best that can be said is that the 1.* generation is almost entirely obsolete. I've no idea if upgrading will cure this problem, but at the very least you should upgrade to 1.10.3 ... and in a perfect world to 2.4.6 - even though there is no promise this will resolve the problem.

4 Apr 30, 2009 14:56

thanks..yeah my boss told me to look into upgrading the app into 2.4.6, but as i am very new to b2evolution, i am a bit scared of breaking something..

5 Apr 30, 2009 15:13

Back up your files, back up your database, upgrade. Something goes wrong, restore the original files and database. Not so bad eh?

Your /media/ folder needs backing up especially because b2evolution doesn't know anything about it. Your /conf/ folder has the bits to connect to the database, though I've no idea which file it was way back then.

DELETE all the files from your server before you upload your new ones. That way you won't have a ton of folders and files left behind that aren't used anymore.

Oh and you will lose your skin. Biggest pain in upgrading is losing your skin.

6 Apr 30, 2009 17:28

EdB wrote:

I'm thinking that should have been "2.4.6 has been out for ages" yah?

It took me ages to change my clocks, when DST kicked in, as well :roll:

¥

Form is loading...