Recent Topics

1 May 02, 2009 11:43    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have b2evolution 2.4.5. Since setting it up I have been having a problem with it’s sensitivity during posting. For example when I post something in a blog which I have cut and pasted from a web site on a second opened browser, I get a message telling me “Sorry, there is nothing to display...” in the post. I must start over and carefully reconstruct the post again, but this time I must change the title because b2 remembers the old title will not allow it to be posted again. The system sensitivity forces me to construct all of the code and links in Front Page and then cleanly paste the post into the b2evolution admin page and then post it without navigating out of the admin page. My old b2 program was very tolerant to visiting other web sites while working in the admin page and I could actually have multiple admin pages opened and working without any problem. This newer system is so ultra sensitive that I can’t even pre post. That is to say I can’t post something to appear on the site at a future time or the error message ‘Sorry, there is nothing to display...’ appears in place of the post. Is there any way to fix this?

2 May 02, 2009 12:24

Got link?

I don't understand if you are getting "nothing to display" in your actual admin window, or when you view the public side of the blog. I assume the public side, but it sort of sounds like you are getting that message in your admin area. That's almost impossible.

Posting in the future is possible. I don't do it, but it is possible. It is also normal that you can't see it until the date and time of the post happens in real life. So visiting a permalink to a post dated in the future will surely give you "nothing to display".

? NOTHING forces you to use FrontPage. Using that tool is a choice you make. Not sure what you actually mean by that, but there are LOTS of editors out there that are cheaper (like, free) and better than FrontPage for what you're doing.

Hey I got an idea. I'm guessing maybe your server time and local time aren't aligned. That'll give you "nothing to display" on every post even if you do it like normal meaning not dated in the future. Because accidentally you are dating it in the future. Go to your Global settings -> regional subtab and notice the time on the evo-bar, then notice the "Current server time" next to field where you can enter an offset. If the offset doesn't make server time equal the time on the evobar you need to adjust it.

Hope it helps.

3 May 02, 2009 13:51

The malfunction can be caused by a variety of things, some very subtle. The most obvious one, the one I noticed first, was when attempting to post while having two b2 pages opened simultaneously. Usually the case would be a page on the web site and the admin page. When posts are constructed under this circumstance it always causes the error message in the uploaded post- “Sorry, there is nothing to display...”

b2 settings can be adjusted to allow multiple browsers to be opened while working, but the problem persists.

4 May 02, 2009 14:20

I dunno what to tell you other than that isn't an error message and I almost always have multiple admin pages open. Sometimes multiple public side page too, but more often multiple admin pages. The only time I ever see the "nothing to display" message is (a) on the public side and (b) when I visit a blog that has no posts. So where *exactly* are you seeing this notice? ADMIN side, or PUBLIC side?

6 May 03, 2009 00:41

Okay that's interesting. Try editing that particular post, select 'expert' if you don't already use that feature, then scroll to under your post textarea to the field called URL title or something like that. Down near the bottom of the left side - it has b2evolution's version of your post title. See if there is a : in it after the word "torture" and if so remove it.

The thing is having the : at the end of your permalink is making b2evolution think the post title is a tag or collection of tags you're wanting to see. That's why mousing over the permalink when viewing all the posts in a multipost page shows the /year/month/day/ bits, but that stuff is gone by the time "nothing to display" shows up. Also notice in the title at the top of the browser window how it says "Tags: right-wing-threa..."?

So basically b2evolution is seeing the : and saying "okay this is tags", then stripping out the /year/month/day/, then not finding any posts with that post title used as a tag, so telling you "nothing to display". Lose the : and it'll work like it is supposed to.

:)

Form is loading...