Recent Topics

1 May 02, 2009 19:36    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi,

I been working for two days with my blog now and uploaded several new skins. But now the button is gone...

It's typed..
4. Go to "Global Settings" > "Skin install" > "Install new" (this step is needed in b2evo 2.0+
5. Go to "Blog Settings", choose your blog and change the skin.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_iD_5LqREt8w/SfyDXQyU8HI/AAAAAAAAwDg/9FnDm-pEtQY/s1152/global.jpg

It's simply not there or is it me who lost it completely!?!? javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

Please help me as soon as possible!

Cheers, Stefan
PS My blog is here if you wanna peak
http://s-mart.se/blogs/blog4.php

:roll: 8| :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2 May 02, 2009 20:12

I remember this being fixed in the most recent 2.x version but I'm not completely sure.
What's happening is that it doesn't allow you to add more than 20 skins. So try to remove a couple to add more.

Good luck

3 May 02, 2009 23:21

Sorry to sound dumb here, but where do I find an uninstall button?

I tried just deleting the files from the server, but that doesn't seem to do the trick...

4 May 03, 2009 00:26

Probably on the rigth side of the page with all the skins listed. "Global settings -> skins" is probably it. Should be a delete icon way on the right.

5 May 03, 2009 00:36

Look for the option 'List' and you'll be presented a list with the installed skins together with a red cross to uninstall a skin.

Good luck

6 May 03, 2009 08:20

EdB wrote:

Probably on the rigth side of the page with all the skins listed. "Global settings -> skins" is probably it. Should be a delete icon way on the right.

I so wish there where!! (See my screenshot)

Look for the option 'List' and you'll be presented a list with the installed skins together with a red cross to uninstall a skin.

Good luck

I gone through all menus to look for this, but I can't see that... perhaps in the newest version...

Perhaps I should download to blog files and do a new clean install with the newest version. What folder is those saved in? I have v.2.4.2

7 May 03, 2009 11:08

Hi and thanks for your help so far!

So I decided to upgrade to the latest version, and I did it in a seperate folder (/blog instead of /blogs) and tried to get the new install to use the old sql. This it didn't want to do.

So I installed a new sql db and tried the "copy and paste" verision of evo_items__item so I could get my posts showing in /blog, but no luck...

I searched the forum for installing backup, adding posts from sql, changing databases, but haven't found any step by step guidelines...

The old /blogs still don't show the X's to delete skins, and I see on the /blog where they are suppose to be... (EDIT: I prob deleted something so I get a fatal error, so I can't even login to this anymore)

Since I started yesterday with the build I haven't spent much time on formating the skins, just adding posts from my present non-blog website (s-mart.se)

I have a backup of the SQL (the entire DB & one off the evo_items__item file only as well.)

When exporting it writes it out like a notebook .txt and when I try to import it as a .txt it doesn't allow me...

I don't mind scrapping both installs and starting fresh, as long as I can use my 150posts I done the last couple of days.

Thanks for taking the time to shooting some ideas and giving a newbie a helping hand!

Stef 8|

www.s-mart.se/blog/

www.s-mart.se/blogs/

8 May 03, 2009 17:01

You're confusing me so I gotta work through this slowly.

Stefan78 wrote:

Hi and thanks for your help so far!

So I decided to upgrade to the latest version, and I did it in a seperate folder (/blog instead of /blogs) and tried to get the new install to use the old sql. This it didn't want to do.

You're welcome :) It should have been able to work assuming you put your original database connection bits and your NEW $baseurl into your conf/_basic_config.php file ... or you used the online way to make that info get into that file. Did you run the installer after uploading the new version into the new "root" level (your /blog/ folder)?

Stefan78 wrote:

So I installed a new sql db and tried the "copy and paste" verision of evo_items__item so I could get my posts showing in /blog, but no luck...

I searched the forum for installing backup, adding posts from sql, changing databases, but haven't found any step by step guidelines...

It takes ALL the tables to make this thing go, so one table not working makes sense. But I'm bummed you didn't find any step-by-steps cuz I've written it a hundred times or so :(

Stefan78 wrote:

The old /blogs still don't show the X's to delete skins, and I see on the /blog where they are suppose to be... (EDIT: I prob deleted something so I get a fatal error, so I can't even login to this anymore)

Wait a minute cuz now I'm confused. The original still works but you can't get rid of a skin, AND, the new one worked but now it is totally bonked up? Oh goodie if the old one works cuz that's the one we want to make be your shiny happy blog.

Stefan78 wrote:

Since I started yesterday with the build I haven't spent much time on formating the skins, just adding posts from my present non-blog website (s-mart.se)

I have a backup of the SQL (the entire DB & one off the evo_items__item file only as well.)

When exporting it writes it out like a notebook .txt and when I try to import it as a .txt it doesn't allow me...

Okay does the original still work?

I'm guessing when you did the backup you were in phpmyadmin and told it "export" but maybe didn't click on the "save as file" box so it put it all on the screen for you. Even if you clicked the "save as file" box it'll look like text but be sql - which is the language the database likes to talk in.

By any chance did you also use your cpanel's "backup" feature? It is the whiz-bang for making a restorable backup. Using phpmyadmin's "export" makes something nice to edit but terrible to restore from.

Stefan78 wrote:

I don't mind scrapping both installs and starting fresh, as long as I can use my 150posts I done the last couple of days.

Okay, does the original still work?

Um ... that'd totally suck. As we covered earlier, it's all or nothing with the database deal. So we either make the database work (meaning figure out why with the original version you couldn't ditch a skin, or upgrade it and ditch a skin), or you gotta re-do your posts.

Stefan78 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to shooting some ideas and giving a newbie a helping hand!

No problem! Wanna know how to upgrade your original installation? First we gotta know if it still works and *exactly* how you made your backup file. If we were starting from "it works and I want to upgrade" I could write it up fairly easily, but now I'm confused as to what's working and what's not and which you want and what you may have done to this that or the other thing. So it's like "regroup before restart" yah?

And hey if the original still works how about PMing me your login name and password ... and the URL cuz I never remember that stuff. I just want to poke around and see why skins can't be made to go away is the thing. ID#1 is preferred, meaning your super-awesome all-powerful credentials.

Form is loading...