Recent Topics

1 May 06, 2009 22:47    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I've just started training our bloggers, who are NOT particularly technically savvy. The image uploading via the file system is causing a panic, especially the fact that they will need to resize the image prior to upload and do not have any tools for aligning them sans code.

I'm looking for a plugin that will allow them to resize an image inline and allow them to align it left/right with the text flowing around it. I did a quick search and didn't see anything - is there one out there?

Right now they're using Blogger, which sucks in many ways, but they are used to dragging the corner of an image to resize it and picking a button to align it left or right. The alignment is the least of the issues as I can give them code for that if necessary.

Suggestions?

2 May 07, 2009 00:37

tivogirl wrote:

''. The alignment is the least of the issues as I can give them code for that if necessary.

Suggestions?

Bummer. http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2009/04/15/easily-float-images-left-or-right-v246 gives you the second, but I don't know of anything internal to b2evo that'll do the resizing without using the "link this image" feature. It'd make a rather nice hack though.

What I've done for a group of people who seem to think "clicking register is too hard" is gave them a list of a few online tools to resize ... although I've a feeling that having to provide pixel dimensions is beyond them. I couldn't find anything that would magically adjust their camera settings for them :roll:

4 May 07, 2009 19:07

Thanks! I did find the video embed hack - simple, that one. Thanks for the link to the other. At this point I'm just telling them to suck it up. It's a small tradeoff for a much better system!

Form is loading...