Recent Topics

1 May 06, 2009 20:35    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.6

Hello,

is it possible for user to be able to get list of all posts that are in a blog with dates and possibility to sort them aither alphabetically, or by date?

thank you,

Ben

2 May 07, 2009 16:07

In 3.x there's some widgets that do that, in 2.4.6 I don't remember ;)

3 May 07, 2009 16:19

In 246 there is an improvement posted here in the forums that gives you either or both of those features. If you are patient for a day I am currently working on the last few details of a "widget improvement pack" that will most certainly give you this and more. Post list and Page list widgets will both have the ability to go by title or date or views or wordcount, ascending or descending or random, with or without dates, with our without excerpts. And probably the ability to change the title displayed on your skin if that isn't already in there.

4 May 09, 2009 09:30

great! I'll wait of course :)

6 May 09, 2009 20:04

Great, very useful, tnx :)

Is it possible to open the Full comment list not as a widget in a sidebar, but in a new page?

Ben

7 May 09, 2009 20:13

Not sure what you mean by "full comment list" but if you put ?disp=comments at the end of your blog's URL you will get a page with the most recent 20 or so comments on it. There is a widget that puts 4 links in the sidebar - Archives, recently, comments, and something else. I think that one is useless, but the ?disp=comments thing is in there.

8 May 19, 2009 12:11

Well, let me explain my problem a little bit more. I'm very new to php and sometimes what looks quite mixed up for me it is simple stuff but there should be someone who could show me the way :)

http://stultifera.navis.lt/index.php has a structure of blog where I use comments instead of posts. The POST is "the topic", placed bu moderator. The COMMENT - is always shown "reply" to the post from registered members of the multiblog. The problem with original B2Evo is that it has no possibility to get something like visually easy understandable list of all the comments of one registered member.

Let's say I'm searching through the portal and I would like to get a list of all the poems (it's poetry portal :) written by one particular member. So I would like to have such thing as a dropdownlist of all the registered members, which would lead me to all the poems of particular member. If I could get this it would be great and all the rest info next to each poem (remember - it's comment to particullar post, written by moderator) should be great - what was the topic (post), the date etc.

So the thing is that I would like to get that response to the main area of a page, not to have 100 lines list on a sidebar.

I don't know if it's more clear, but I could try to explain in more detail way too, if needed :)

thank you for your help!

Benas

9 Jun 17, 2009 22:48

Hello again,

maybe someone could help me in this, i have SQL select on MyAdmin:

---

SELECT t.post_title, p.comment_ID, p.comment_post_ID, p.comment_date, p.comment_content
FROM stultis_comments AS p, stultis_items__item AS t
WHERE comment_author_ID =14
AND p.comment_post_ID = t.post_ID
ORDER BY p.comment_date;

---

I'd like to create select in UI's right column from dropdown list of comment_author_ID and get such a result as in select in the central part (a list of comments of particullar author, sorted by comment date).

any ideas?

thnx

Ben

10 Jun 18, 2009 03:40

Okay I understand now. Generally comments in b2evolution are not treated like the posts, so there is very little currently done about sorting comments by commenter name. The problem with trying, and I realize it doesn't apply in situations where only registered members can comment, is that anyone and there brother's pet flea can comment. Therefore you often have a commenter ID of NULL because commenters don't get IDs.

I gotta grab a shower before my HOA meeting which I would like to attend because I've not done that and figure why not, so I gotta be brief: I would try it like this: first grab a list of all member IDs. Then create a dropdown where the value is the ID and the text shown is the user's preferred name. On select, the next query then pulls comments the way you have done. Finally, to get the good bits in the main body you should search the forums for "custom disp" and see if there is one that is very clear. I've done it with too much file editing. Others have shown how easy it can be.

Good luck with it! Hey if you get success on this it would be way cool if you share your files here so that others might be inspired by it to do more cool stuff with comments.

11 Jun 29, 2009 10:06

Could someone please write some example, how to do that? I'm new at php and it's not working for me...

Form is loading...