Recent Topics

1 May 17, 2009 17:37    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I would like to have the "Read more here" slug to appear in the appropriate language (I will translate) on a site that features English, Portuguese and Castellano.

Thank you.

Example:
http://mercosurconsulting.net/mmix/index.php?blog=13

Category: Artigos
Como a ALCA Pode Beneficiar às Pequenas e Médias Empresas no Brasil
Texto da Palestra Oferecido na Conferência “Discussão Sobre a ALCA: Uma Visão Internacional”, Câmara Americana de Comércio da Bahia, Salvador do Bahia, BA, 28 de maio de 2003.
Read more here »
05/10/09. 07:31:24 pm. Categories: Artigos , • Edit...

- - - - -

I'm not sure if or how I should alter this code:
if( ! $more )
{ // We're NOT in "more" mode:
if( $params['link_text'] == '#' )
{ // TRANS: this is the default text for the extended post "more" link
$params['link_text'] = T_('Read more here').' »';
}

return format_to_output( $params['before']
.'<a href="'.$this->get_permanent_url().'#more'.$this->ID.'">'
.$params['link_text'].'</a>'
.$params['after'], $params['format'] );
}
elseif( ! preg_match('/<!--noteaser-->/', $content_page ) )
{ // We are in mode mode and we're not hiding the teaser:
// (if we're higin the teaser we display this as a normal page ie: no anchor)
if( $params['anchor_text'] == '#' )
{ // TRANS: this is the default text displayed once the more link has been activated
$params['anchor_text'] = '<span class="bMore">'.T_('Follow up:').'</span>';
}

return format_to_output( '<a id="more'.$this->ID.'" name="more'.$this->ID.'"></a>'
.$params['anchor_text'], $params['format'] );
}

2 May 18, 2009 16:21

Well if you go to http://b2evolution.net/downloads/2.4/language-packs.html and grab the Portuguese language package that seems better suited to your language you will find that string is already translated. And a whole bunch more of the English bits on your web :)

The thing you will need to ensure is that either the blog or the blogger have their locale set to the PT_* of your choice, with a final option of selecting the locale when actually posting. The order of priority for localization (if I remember correctly) is first the blog post, then the blog or blogger, then the installation. In other words, an English installation with a Spanish blogger who selects Portuguese for a blog post will have "read more" in Portuguese. The default for that blogger will be Spanish, but the default for a new blogger will be English.

* not sure off the top of my head if a blog has a locale, but a blogger does and a blog post does.

3 May 19, 2009 21:44

Thank you. I'll read up on the details of how to install this.

Form is loading...