Recent Topics

1 May 18, 2009 00:51    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I'm sure this has been addressed at some point but it would take too many more hours to search for the answer. I'm not an expert at php, css or understanding the techie language used in the instructions for b2evolution. What I want to do is not have my site converted into a blog, I want to link to the blog from the site's pages. I've spent about 10 hours trying to decypher the instructions and learn the code stuff to make it work and I'm about to give up. I have an idea it's very simple - if someone could explain it in plain English, not geekese. :(
When I try to access the index page (.html) of my site, instead I get the index.php. Tried using a_stub.php with the same results. It has become the default home page of my site.

2 May 18, 2009 01:00

Welcome to the forum..
Tip: Make your post title a little more specific
"How do I link to my blog from my web site"
Why don't you simply install your blog in it's own folder and add a link in the html of your home page.?

3 May 18, 2009 01:34

"Why don't you simply install your blog in it's own folder and add a link in the html of your home page.?"

My host (Innerplanet) did the default install, in the root directory. I guess I need to download the package and upload to my server myself, because I don't know all the files to move. Until I have the unzipped archive to see, that is. Too bad the host didn't offer the option of choosing a folder, huh? Thanks for the easy solution.

4 May 18, 2009 01:53

Good luck, also remember that you may have to edit the "$baseurl =" in the _basic_config.php in the conf folder if it moves from the root.

5 May 18, 2009 16:26

And also keep in mind that the /conf/_basic_config.php file that your host installed has the critical info to connect to your database. So you need to back up that file, then upload the same exact version to a folder, then edit that file to have the right database connection info in it.

At that time you will also be able to edit your $baseurl value ... and throw in a good email address ... and change $config_is_done to 1.

6 May 18, 2009 18:11

Delete the evo index.php and run your blog through a stub file ;)

¥

7 May 18, 2009 19:52

I did have to edit the config.php file, after figuring out what files and folders needed to be moved into the new blog folder. It all worked out. As for deleting the index.php, I'd rather have that file opening the blog so the address is www.myurl/blog and not something that makes no sense to the visitor. Thanks for the suggestions and sharing your knowledge, guys.

Form is loading...