Recent Topics

1 May 21, 2009 00:35    

I've found that the users page in the admin screen takes an age to load the blogs I run have about 6000 users at the moment and even though it only loads 25? users per page each page take about 6 minutes to load. Is there any way to reduce this load time..? if I or any of the other admins hit the user page the server takes a dive with server load hitting 30+

2 May 21, 2009 14:19

Hi Rogal. Wow that's a big installation! I think for the developers it'll be really important to know what version you are running before anyone can begin thinking about working on this issue.

3 May 21, 2009 23:15

We are running on version 2.4.6, although will be looking at 3.x.x when that moves from beta. The installation is on an internal intranet. I have tried the 3.1 beta on our dev machine using a backup from our live and found that the problem still exists in 3.1 beta.

Its really weird problem, at the moment as a work around I'm administering any changes to the users and their groups through phpmyadmin.

Full versions below of the lamp stack all installed from source

Apache 2.2.10
PHP 5.2.8
Mysql 5.0.67
B2evolution 2.4.6
Linux redhat enterprise.

4 May 21, 2009 23:45

Hey ¥åßßå!
Let's see you resolve this with less than 3 words excluding file names and code fragments. I'm thinking you'll use "free typed", so that gives you one spare word to work with.

OT: myspace is cool ;)

5 Jun 08, 2009 23:11

aw well hoped someone could point me in the right direction. I'll have a good look at it and see if i can figure something out. I'll keep this post updated with anything i work out.

6 Jun 08, 2009 23:45

look at your sessions & hitlog tables, if they are over a few mb's; empty them.it might slow down the installation, and you may also want to try deleting the "pre-rendered item cache" under tools > misc tab. and you can auto-prune if it actually works

7 Jun 09, 2009 14:20

You may want to enable debug mode and look at the timers and the SQL query timers.

8 Jun 13, 2009 21:41

look at your sessions & hitlog tables, if they are over a few mb's; empty them.it might slow down the installation, and you may also want to try deleting the "pre-rendered item cache" under tools > misc tab. and you can auto-prune if it actually works

I havent't deleted the pre-rendered item cache i'll give that a try on monday.
The site itself is pretty busy getting over a million browser and rss hits every month so hitlogs and sessions do get large quickly but have seen no change in performance once deleted.

Ideally I would like the user page that you get if you have a "group" blog as that one loads instantly (although using that takes you back to the admin user page after administering a user and the server dives) this is the solution i'm looking at at the mo.

As an aside the server its running on is a 4*3.2ghz xeon with 4gb ram it is running some other things like phpbb3 but nothing to heavy.

9 Jun 14, 2009 07:42

Did you upgrade from b2evo 0.9 or 1.x ?
Check if evo_users table has proper indexes. Repair/optimize the database.

As Tblue said, try to enable debug mode and check timings. You can search the forum for a hack to enable debug messages for admin only.

10 Jun 14, 2009 08:08

You can also play with this query in inc/users/views/_user_list.view.php (line 68)

$sql = "SELECT T_users.*, grp_ID, grp_name, COUNT(blog_ID) AS nb_blogs
		  FROM T_users RIGHT JOIN T_groups ON user_grp_ID = grp_ID
					  LEFT JOIN T_blogs on user_ID = blog_owner_user_ID
	   WHERE $where_clause 1
	   GROUP BY user_ID
	   ORDER BY grp_name, *";

Edit the following string (line 80)

$Results = & new Results( $sql, 'user_', '-A', NULL, $count_sql );

change to

$Results = & new Results( $sql, 'user_', '', NULL, $count_sql );

This will sort users by ID which is a lot faster than by login name.

Form is loading...