Recent Topics

1 May 23, 2009 22:20    

Yes, you're right, the custom skin looks very similar. Not much work to do!

But I' struggling with the skin London that I also use (blog by a friend). Tried several hours and followed the upgrade instructions http://manual.b2evolution.net/Upgrade_from_1.10.x_to_2.0.x

Now I'm struggling with the error message

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Output format [] not supported.

from the logfiles:

# [Fri May 22 23:55:41 2009] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: b2evolution error: Output format [] not supported. in /home/users/antropologi/www/temp/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php at line 151 / REQUEST_URI: /temp/blogs/a/?tempskin=london / HTTP_REFERER: -
# [Fri May 22 23:55:41 2009] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/users/antropologi/www/temp/blogs/inc/items/model/_itemlight.class.php on line 707
# [Fri May 22 23:55:41 2009] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/users/antropologi/www/temp/blogs/inc/items/model/_item.class.php on line 1923
# [Fri May 22 23:55:41 2009] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/users/antropologi/www/temp/blogs/inc/items/model/_itemlistlight.class.php on line 903
# [Fri May 22 23:55:41 2009] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/users/antropologi/www/temp/blogs/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 190

(from a test installation version 2.4.2)

There are no problems when I use other 2.x skins

2 May 23, 2009 01:06

London was a really neat skin. To the best of my knowledge it was the first 2-column skin that put the sidebar first enabling having the main body wrap under the end of the sidebar, and the first skin of any configuration to do dynamic text replacement. It was *murder* to upgrade though.

Do you still have the original .zip package? If so I might be up for making it 2.4.6 friendly. No promises of course, cuz no one knows what tomorrow will hold, but it was a cool skin in many regards so it'd be fun to try.

4 May 23, 2009 19:35

Okay that wasn't so bad, except it doesn't do the "text to image" replacement thing yet. I didn't like the javascript version because it makes the server work every time the page is loaded. The 'basin' skin did it server-side, so I'm thinking I should pull the bits out of there that did it and drop it in newlondon. Your thoughts would be ... ?

5 May 23, 2009 20:57

EdB wrote:

¥åßßå is at his best when his word count is at it's least

EdB wrote:

Your thoughts would be ... ?

EdB wrote:

Hey ¥åßßå!
Let's see you resolve this with less than 3 words excluding file names and code fragments.

EdB wrote:

I didn't like the javascript version because it makes the server work every time the page is loaded.

You're right ;)

¥

6 May 23, 2009 22:04

EdB wrote:

Okay that wasn't so bad, except it doesn't do the "text to image" replacement thing yet. I didn't like the javascript version because it makes the server work every time the page is loaded. The 'basin' skin did it server-side, so I'm thinking I should pull the bits out of there that did it and drop it in newlondon. Your thoughts would be ... ?

Cool, thanks!

I agree. The "text-to-image" was the first thing I removed from the skin. It's much better without in my opinion.

7 May 23, 2009 22:20

Wow you can mix and match quotes in topics. That is AWESOME! I don't think I got the skilz to give it a go though.

Hey by the way I'm going to split this into a different forum from the point it started talking about london skin cuz that is a totally different topic.

So let me think a bit... The original 'london' used javascript and didn't cache images, thus the server had to make images every time which is silly. 'basin' did it server-side, and cached images, which is much better, but wow what a pain to make it do spaces between words. Either that or when I did it I was executing to my typically sloppy standards. :roll: So the thing in my mind is do I try to make it do the text replacement server-side with caching with an option to not bother, or do I just lose that bit of grooviness entirely. Probably go with "don't bother" because all I've got looking good so far is the basic multipost page. Single posts and leaving comments and seeing comments and the comment form and the profile page and all those little doodads that often-times don't look so good are, to me, part and parcel of doing a skin.

banana was another one that did text to image stuff. Good luck bringing that image-intensive and totally groovy piece of work back to life using containers, but I digress right before a digression. Not cool!

Memorial Day weekend and I'm doing nothing. Was gonna go fly but not prepared for a camping thing on top of a flying thing, plus the weather is kinda lame. On the up side, I think I figured out a cool business name :)

8 May 24, 2009 00:20

EdB wrote:

Wow you can mix and match quotes in topics. That is AWESOME

EdB wrote:

¥åßßå is at his best when his word count is at it's least

EdB wrote:

Your thoughts would be ... ?

EdB wrote:

I don't think I got the skilz to give it a go though

¥åßßå wrote:

You're right ;)

¥

:D

¥

9 May 25, 2009 06:37

[link removed] does it without the text-to-image thing. Too much work to add in the bits for that even though it is a cool feature. If you're into it I guess.

index.main.php and posts.main.php are the same as each other and use 'sidebar' container. Existence of both is for something but I forget what.

single.main.php and page.main.php are the same as each other and use 'sidebar 2' container. This way you can have different sidebars for multis and singles and tweak out the page-type page if you want. Else just delete posts.* and single.* and page.* and its down to one happy file doing all the work. All by itself. Without a break. Ever. Kinda like having your own slave :)

Might do oldlondon, which would be just like newlondon only would also have the text-to-image thing like original london, but I dunno. I bought a domain name and want to make a skin for it so I'm poking through flickr for appropriately licensed images. Found some that are rather awesome.

Or maybe I should paint a stripe on my walls?

EDIT: removed link in deference to uploading it to the skins site - EdB

10 May 26, 2009 02:39

It works. Wow! Thanks a lot!! Glad to be able to upgrade :)

11 May 27, 2009 01:38

Cool. I'll upload it to the skins site soon enough.

Form is loading...