Recent Topics

1 May 29, 2009 05:42    

Hi,

I saved a post as a draft and now the style.css download times out. I get no formatting.

Using 2.4.6. on Mac OS X 10.5.6 server, PHP 5, MySQL

Can't imagine what would cause this, was working fine up until that moment.

2 May 30, 2009 06:51

Ok so maybe the spam filters won't eat this post.

I have b2evo installed on a Mac OS X server, things were working fine, I even downloaded a 2.x skin and had started creating some posts. I was at work and started a new post, had to save it to finish it later, so I chose "draft" and hit the save button. Then when I switched back to the blog (to make sure the draft didn't publish) I lost my skin.

Seems the CSS file times out now. Does so whether on the local net or accessing it over the internet.

Throw me a bone, I can't find anything in the forums or docs.

Thanks

3 May 30, 2009 07:18

Hi nuvector. I can't imagine how these two events are related. Saving a draft (or any post status) throws bits in the database. It doesn't create or modify any files, and certainly doesn't affect what style sheet(s) get called by a skin.

Can you visit the style sheet for your skin directly? Or maybe plug its URL into the css validator and get a response from it? Have you looked at your server to verify that the style sheet is still there? Possibly delete it and re-upload it just in case?

What happens when you change skins? Oh and what skin are you using and have you tweaked it up a bunch or not at all?

Got link?

4 May 31, 2009 01:43

EdB wrote:

Can you visit the style sheet for your skin directly? Or maybe plug its URL into the css validator and get a response from it?

Sorry, total newb here, what CSS validator? The CSS exists alright, permissions are kosher, checking activity window shows it's called but eventually times out, along with functions.js and rollovers.js.

Have you looked at your server to verify that the style sheet is still there? Possibly delete it and re-upload it just in case? What happens when you change skins? Oh and what skin are you using and have you tweaked it up a bunch or not at all?

I copied a default skin and renamed to the folder of the skin I downloaded (Natural_Remedy.) Same results.

I had tweaked the original just to change font sizes and spacing.

Got link?

www.macgnostic.com

Form is loading...