Recent Topics

1 Jun 10, 2009 17:13    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi this is my first post. I have had a install of 2.4.6 for about 3 months. In addition to admin i have 3 level 10 users that could post and edit but all of a sudden the edit link has been removed and they can no longer post. admin still can but users ive added but have priv 10 cannot. Does anyone know what the solution to this problem is?

thanks

Jon

2 Jun 10, 2009 17:22

"all of a sudden" ... what were the last changes you or your host made at that point in time?

¥

3 Jun 10, 2009 17:34

There has been no changes made by us or the webhost if a user is level 10 and they cannot post how come admin can still post being level 10?

thanks for any help

4 Jun 10, 2009 17:40

jlk wrote:

I have had a install of 2.4.6 for about 3 months. In addition to admin i have 3 level 10 users that could post and edit but all of a sudden

Something must have changed ;)

¥

5 Jun 10, 2009 18:06

Yeah there absolutely MUST be a change that caused the situation you are describing. Like, you want it to be how it was but you are saying it is how it was, but it obviously isn't how it was. So since it isn't how it was then *something* must have changed!

So let's look at some simple bits first! New blog? New skin? New host? New shoes? That one probably doesn't matter. Just curious is all.

For the blog you want them to post in, does the group the users are in have permissions appropriate to post and/or edit on the "Group perms" subtab? Also on the "Users perms" subtab are users denied permissions to post and/or edit? I forget exactly which takes precedence, but given that something that was isn't it makes sense to review all possible combinations that might have taken away these users abilities.

BTW level isn't really part of much stuff. It matters sometimes, but is pretty much not associated with such a basic permission as posting. I believe it comes into play with editing permissions, but the ability to edit at all is not level-dependent.

Have you personally verified that other accounts can't do these things? I would suggest either hijacking one of your users accounts by changing their password and logging in as them, or by creating a new user that matches exactly the settings and permissions you have for your users.

Form is loading...