Recent Topics

1 Jun 14, 2009 12:18    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello,
I understand that b2evolution 2.4.6 can redirect feeds, but I would like to modify my 2.4.5 version to redirect my feeds to feedburner. Is there a piece of code available? Does anyone know how to do it, I searched the b2 site and couldn’t find any patch or code for this.
Sky

3 Jun 14, 2009 12:41

I have weeks of work into setting up my present blog and I don’t have the time to upgrade it right now. When you upgrade you loose all of the setting and customization and must start over. If stopped everything I am doing to upgrade my blog every time b2 came out with the next version that is about all I would do.

4 Jun 14, 2009 14:01

If 2.4.7 can redirect feeds through tools in the admin area I would seriously consider an upgrade since no database upgrade is necessary and I can upgrade just by replacing a few files. Does anyone know if 2.4.7 has the back office tools for redirecting feeds?

5 Jun 14, 2009 14:20

On the main Menu at the top of the forum, click Demo, then click Test Server.
I'm pretty sure it has a full demo of 2.4.7.

Only issue is the server is as slow as mud right now..

2.4.6 had "External Feeds/Feedburner support" so 2.4.7 would as well and is a better build.

6 Jun 14, 2009 14:39

Or if you want, since you already gave a lot of time as you said, just edit your skins and replace the feed code there to point to your feedburner.

That will be easier and faster, then just upgrade once 3.x is in final-release. ^_^

Oh, that is easy if you only have one or two feedburner feeds to add. Otherwise, the built-in method is the way to go.

7 Jun 14, 2009 17:03

sky1 wrote:

... When you upgrade you loose all of the setting and customization and must start over ...

Not true. You don't lose any settings or customizations made in your skin. Core file hacks, including the /skins/ folder are gone, but hopefully if you've hacked the core you made a comment in the commented out section at the beginning of each file.

sky1 wrote:

... If stopped everything I am doing to upgrade my blog every time b2 came out with the next version that is about all I would do.

Yup! I tried to get out of improving core files but it is almost impossible since it seems bug fixes and hook requests don't count for very much. So when I went from 246 to 247 I had to check to see if any of my 26 improved files were affected by the upgrade, then figure out how to make one of my improvements happen in the upgrade.

Anyway it's not so bad if you keep good tabs on your personal core improvements. Of course, if one is happy with what they have then it makes no sense to bother upgrading.

Form is loading...