Recent Topics

1 Jun 15, 2009 06:59    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

The installation will not initialize, just a 404 Error page. Steps: Created database called chicago9_b2evolution. Uploaded all files to root directory. Edited www/myblog/conf/_basic_conf.php .

You need to update the following lines with the database login info:

$db_config = array(
'user' => 'demouser', // your MySQL username
'password' => 'demopass', // ...and password
'name' => 'b2evolution', // the name of the database
'host' => 'localhost', // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')

Note: This was updated to reflect actual user, password, etc. Updated email and set $config_is_done = 1;

Saved changes. Tried using http://chicagostyleline.com/b2evolution/blogs/install?locale=en-US&action=newdb&create_sample_contents=1 and http://chicagostyleline.com/b2evolution/blogs/install. No dice, I get a 404 eror code although all files are in the appropriate directories.

I'm baffled and feel really silly because I've successfully installed this without any issues at least half a dozen times. I love the ability to customize templates and settings.

Any thoughts you might be willing to share would be greatky appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!
Julie :oops:

3 Jun 15, 2009 13:58

Thanks for responding. That's really odd because I can view the folder in the file manager online. I did the upload in ascII format. I tried deleting everything and starting from scratch yesterday with no results. I guess it is just making me nuts because I've done it before and it's simple. Should be a breeze, but that's my luck as of late lol.

4 Jun 15, 2009 14:31

If you fancy sending me ftp details I can check for you

¥

5 Jun 15, 2009 16:48

Ok, because "solved in pm" means bugger all to the next reader ... here's what happened :

because you'd done "delete folder and try again" I couldn't tell you why the b2evolution folder didn't exist as far as the web was concerned when you originally posted

when you reinstalled and changed the file perms to 0777 ( which allows every man and his dog to write files ) you had a server security "setting" kick in ( suPHP ) which returns a "server has just barf'd" error for certain file types ... this is a good thing ;)

unfortunately, once I changed your perms to "heh, only da ruskki mafia could pwn me now" ( or 0755 / 0644 ) ... you then had loads of "you cannot do this because I don't know what that is" ... followed by "unexpected $end in ....." ... I took the easy answer here and grabbed a fresh download and reuploaded all the files ... you'd be amazed how often it works ;)

I'd like you to know that helping you will lead to EdB having a complete fit when he see's the length of this post :D

¥

6 Jun 15, 2009 16:57

8|

Now you will have to catch your breath for a month before you can get to 5302.

7 Jun 15, 2009 17:05

EdB wrote:

Now you will have to catch your breath for a month before you can get to 5302.

It may take me a tad longer than that :P .... sorry for testing out your pacemaker with such a long post ... won't happen again *salutes* :(

¥

Form is loading...