Recent Topics

1 Jun 18, 2009 22:54    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

When I create a post and view it the title appears to be a link. If I click on this title it takes me to a page and reports "No input file specified".

I do not understand this at all, am I suposed to supply a URL at some stage? Why would the title be a link, surely the contents below the title is the content?

Yours confused

Jeff

2 Jun 18, 2009 23:11

For some reason the post title defaults to being a link to the post's permalink page. Sounds like maybe your server doesn't support 'clean' URLs but without a link it is hard to say for sure.

Do your category links work? If not visit your Blog settings -> pick a blog -> URLs subtab and change all the options to the ones that look like parameter strings instead of folder paths, then try again the post title link ... and the category links.

Also one one of the subtabs somewhere there is a setting for what to link a post title to. I think it might be on the SEO subtab under Blog settings. Anyway it will let you pick from a few options of what to do with your post titles.

3 Jun 18, 2009 23:26

OK in the Blog/URL tab I changed Category, Tag page and single post all to "use param". This seems to have fixed things. When I click on a posting title I am now taken to a page where I can leave a comment for the post.

I also placed a category widget on the side bar, clicking on each category now takes me to a page with filtered postings according to that category.

Thank you very much. The documents for this blog software are a bit scant, the support on the forum however is much better.

Jeff

4 Jun 18, 2009 23:32

Cool. Hey dig this: there is a file called sample.htaccess that has a bit in there that tries to tell your server to do 'clean' URLs. If you want that then you should look at sample.htaccess and your existing .htaccess to see about putting the "make clean URLs" bit into your file. Dunno if you know it or not, but quite a few FTP programs and host-provided tools will hide that file from you, so don't just rename the sample one until you make triple sure you don't already have one. Lots of stuff your host does for you is done via .htaccess is the thing, so if you wipe out a hidden file you will lose some stuff you might like.

Form is loading...