Recent Topics

1 Jun 19, 2009 00:37    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've searched a bit, but I can't find a solution (let alone a style sheet) that would allow me to post two blogs (or even two separate categories of the same blog) to my page.

To clarify, I am making a site for a band. I need one "News" blog to show fully in the main column, and I need one "Shows" blog to show the next 3-4 upcoming on the right side column. This sounds like it may also be a plugin solution.

Any thoughts or redirections to where this is already answered would be VERY much appreciated. I don't have much hair left to pull out of my head. :-\

Cheers,
Rich

2 Jun 19, 2009 01:08

Hi richgilberto,

Look for the file /blogs/multiblogs.php. It is an example with three blogs on one page. Use it as a startingpoint for your project.

Good luck

3 Jun 19, 2009 04:36

Thanks so much! One thing... I found the file, but it's not letting me open it - it says it doesn't exist on the system but I'm positive I'm entering the right address. I'm brand new with this stuff, thank you for being patient with me.

Cheers,
Rich

4 Jun 19, 2009 06:18

Something is wrong with this file in two setups I tried. Multiblogs.php redirects to the home page. I don't know why.
I'll investigate and report back to this topic.

Good luck

5 Jun 19, 2009 12:46

Perhaps this was written for the older version? Thanks for looking into this.

6 Jun 20, 2009 02:47

Simpler solution might be to run the two blogs as separate normal B2evo blogs, but have two RSS feeds from the blogs onto your front page. Obviously if you want to post or comment on the posts right there this won't be what you need.

7 Jun 22, 2009 01:55

Wouldn't you just post the "show" blog much the same way as the "link blog" is posted on the right to simulate a blogroll?

Add the "linkblog" widget and set it to the display whatever blog you want it to display. :)

8 Jun 22, 2009 12:13

kane wrote:

Wouldn't you just post the "show" blog much the same way as the "link blog" is posted on the right to simulate a blogroll?

Add the "linkblog" widget and set it to the display whatever blog you want it to display. :)

I think the problem there is you wouldn't get all the goodies you get in the actual post loop. Like any plugins rendering stuff and the comments link and things like that. The idea being two columns of posts. I think!

11 Feb 21, 2011 02:51

EdB wrote:

kane wrote:

I think the problem there is you wouldn't get all the goodies you get in the actual post loop. Like any plugins rendering stuff and the comments link and things like that. The idea being two columns of posts. I think!

This thread is also related directly to what I am also trying to do: Two columns of posts. Sorry for starting a separate thread. I am also most interested in seeing if Rich finds a solution to this.

12 Feb 21, 2011 02:59

lturner wrote:

Have you tried this plugin?

http://personman.com/sideblog_plugin_for_b2evolution

L

Iturner,

For step 3, is the "blog settings" or "global settings"? I don't see "Sideblog" in either. Do I have to have a certain template? Thanks.

Edit: Found it. Thanks.

I'm using the evocamp skin...do you know which file I add this code to?:

<?php
// MostComments plugin:
$Plugins->call_by_code( 'sideblog', array(
'limit' => 5,
'blog' => 3,
) );
// Add parameters in the array.
?>

13 Feb 21, 2011 13:04

Btw, can anyone share a link to a b2evolution example of a two post column blog? Thank you.

Form is loading...