Recent Topics

1 Jun 29, 2009 03:56    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Im still getting
You don't have access to any root directory
When I click "Upload"
Site is 1.10.1 (beta)
http://www.renkrn8.com.au/b2evolution/

Ive changed hosts, everything is working fine except the file manager.

Ive chmodded the media dir to 777 and also the 2 folders inside that folder, blog and users I think they were.

I also tried changing $instance_name = to something else, didnt help either.

Ive rebotted, tried several browsers and PC's, no luck.

Any help much appreciated.

2 Jul 02, 2009 09:14

Chargin wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Im still getting
You don't have access to any root directory
When I click "Upload"
Site is 1.10.1 (beta)
http://www.renkrn8.com.au/b2evolution/

Ive changed hosts, everything is working fine except the file manager.

Ive chmodded the media dir to 777 and also the 2 folders inside that folder, blog and users I think they were.
[...]
Any help much appreciated.

It may be that the blog ownership and/or permissions were altered during some phase of the b2evolution migration.

Besides having extremely loose permissions with 777 (everybody can read, write, and execute in the media, and related folders), an b2evolution blogger needs to be authenticated *and* authorized to modify specific blogs. If the latter were not the case, every cracker/spammer, without authorization obviously, would be able to upload their malware into your media directory.

In GNU/Linux systems, the owner/group of b2evolution resources work well if set the same as the (default) owner/group of the Apache web server, i.e., www-data/www-data. If your hosting provider has misconfigured an aspect of their shared hosting offering, it may be causing you the issue of your experience.

Good luck!

3 Jul 02, 2009 09:17

Thanks for that, I have actually copied this from another host, its gone from a plesk server to a Cpanel server.
I might even try just updating the version to the very latest, might work out the kinks...?

4 Jul 02, 2009 10:12

Chargin wrote:

[...]
I might even try just updating the version to the very latest, might work out the kinks...?

Well, yes, assuming it is not your hosting provider misconfiguration, the upgrade may fix your issues. ;)

Good luck in your endeavor!

Form is loading...