Recent Topics

1 Jun 29, 2009 22:13    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Somehow I moved a category and I can't seem to locate where it to. Is there any way to find the file(s) or directory where the info is stored and delete it that way?

3 Jun 30, 2009 19:31

In PMA run :

SELECT cat_blog_ID FROM evo_categories WHERE cat_name LIKE '%your cat name%'

Then meander over to admin > blog settings > blog_from_sql_above > categories and it should be there ;)

¥

4 Jun 30, 2009 19:56

¥åßßå wrote:

In PMA run :

SELECT cat_blog_ID FROM evo_categories WHERE cat_name LIKE '%your cat name%'

Then meander over to admin > blog settings > blog_from_sql_above > categories and it should be there ;)

¥

My company basically dumped this blog into my lap. What is PMA? And there is no "Blog_from_SQL_above" under blog settings....

5 Jun 30, 2009 20:35

Ok, PMA is "PhpMyAdmin" ... some software that allows you to talk to your database(s) ... normally found in your accounts control panel

the "blog from sql " == the ID of the blog that the above sql will kick out ( you can see blog ID's in admin by hovering over blog tabs/link on whatever screens they're on )

You have my full sympathy at having to cope with a steep learning curve invoked by some dick that's paid more than you but has less idea ;)

¥

6 Jun 30, 2009 20:49

¥åßßå wrote:

Ok, PMA is "PhpMyAdmin" ... some software that allows you to talk to your database(s) ... normally found in your accounts control panel

the "blog from sql " == the ID of the blog that the above sql will kick out ( you can see blog ID's in admin by hovering over blog tabs/link on whatever screens they're on )

You have my full sympathy at having to cope with a steep learning curve invoked by some dick that's paid more than you but has less idea ;)

¥

Thanks for the sympathy, but that's not all of it... Due to the nature of the company I work for, security is as tight as Fort Knox. I'm having our Systems Admin go into the SQL server on our web server to kill the missing category. Funny how I have unlimited access in a few of our systems that I handle (& just about the same on their SQL servers), but I can't do squat on our web server.

I can see the Categories, but this one somehow I moved somewhere or something and I can't see it...

7 Jun 30, 2009 20:56

Ok, forget your anal retentive system admin : in your blogs skin add the following to index.main.php

<?php
global $DB;
$sql = 'SELECT cat_blog_ID FROM T_categories WHERE cat_name LIKE "%your cat name%"';
pre_dump( $DB->query($sql) );
exit;
?>

That'll spit out the cat's blog id if you hit the blog skin

take a note of the ID and then kill the code ... then meander into admin .... ++ rest of above post

¥

8 Jun 30, 2009 21:01

Our Sys Admin killed it, then told me how to get there to the web SQL server. Nice.

I then re-added it back onto the front end. All seems to be working OK. Just waiting on approval on content I submitted so I can actually post something now. Joy!

Thanks for the help.

Form is loading...