Recent Topics

1 Jul 08, 2009 19:35    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4

I run a blog that gets about 200 unique visits and about 1000 page views a day... Usually there are 2-3 posts added a day and probably 150-200 comments added per day.

I just recieved the following message from my webhost.

coldheartedtruth.com is experiencing issues because the system RAM is getting exhausted.

Based on your memory usage we strongly urge you to consider upgrading to a dedicated server with at least 2GB of RAM or more.

We would suggest a system such as this, which would give you a lot more RAM, disk space and bandwidth:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
2-150GB Hard Drives
2048MB Memory
Centos5
8 ips (5 usable)
1500 GIG Bandwidth
Monthly Price $139.95
Setup Fee $59.95

Right now I have VPS with 768 dedicated RAM to run a blog... which should be more than enough. In fact, before switching to B2Evolution I was able to simply host my site on a shared host for about $15/month.

what could possibly be creating this sort of memory usage? I really like the functionality of B2Evolution, but I cannot afford to run it at that cost, and I cannot believe that it is not designed to handle the limited traffic I get...

This is my relative information:

2.4.1 released on 03/16/08
MySQL version 5.0.45
MySQL UTF-8 support

PHP version 5.1.6
PHP register_globals Off
PHP allow_url_fopen On
PHP Magic Quotes Off
PHP upload_max_filesize 2M
PHP post_max_size 8M
PHP memory_limit 16M
PHP XML extension Loaded
PHP mbstring extension Loaded

2 Jul 09, 2009 08:57

I wouldn't have thought that your VPS would struggle to run b2evo.

Several members here run b2evo on a similar VPS plan to you, quite a few of them with much heavier workloads than yours, and I don't know of any of them that are making their plan struggle.

¥

Form is loading...