Recent Topics

1 Jul 17, 2009 22:44    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

For one of the blogs on my website I need the blog to post in reverse. So instead of this: New Post, Older, older, older, and so on. I need this: Oldest, newer, newer, newer, newest. Is this possible?? Thank a lot!

-Flashdude

2 Jul 18, 2009 00:36

I'm not sure about the version 1.1 but have a look at the Blog Settings tab, then the General Tab. Under the "Content / Posts" section you might have a choice of "Direction" either Descending or Ascending.

If you don't have such a choice in that old version, you can/should upgrade to a newer version.

Cheers

3 Jul 18, 2009 00:40

Dang this version doesn't have that, is there anyway to do it other than that? There is no way I am going to upgrade to a new blog version, I don't wanna mess everything up. There must be another way.

4 Jul 18, 2009 01:56

Hang in there, I'm sure one of the developers can tell you if there is a code snippet where you can change ASC to DESC for post order.
I downloaded 1.10 but couldn't find it :(

5 Jul 18, 2009 08:46

Ok thanks for your help. Hopefully a developer sees this thread.

6 Jul 18, 2009 10:02

If you are using stub files then you can set the order in the stub. Each stub would have a commented out example of how to do that. Something like

# Additionnaly, you can set other values (see URL params in the manual)...
# $order = 'ASC'; // This for example would display the blog in chronological order...

Stubs haven't changed that much since back in the day :)

If you're not using stubs then I dunno. It was probably done, which means it is probably in the forums somewhere, but wow that'd be a long time ago and therefore quite hard to find.

7 Jul 18, 2009 10:59

What are stubs :-/ :lol: I really need this to be fixed.

EDIT: Googled it and I am still confused :-/

9 Jul 18, 2009 11:18

Yea! That worked! Thanks SOOO MUCH. I ended up using this..

EDIT: I ended up using this..

if( $blog == 8 ) {
$order = 'ASC';
}

EdB now I know what you mean now, your info in the thread John posted made it clear. Thanks.

11 Jul 22, 2009 01:02

What is the variable name for making a blog descend?

12 Jul 22, 2009 01:36

Nevermind I got it, just wasn't using quotes around DESC.

Form is loading...