Recent Topics

1 Jul 19, 2009 01:54    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3

I searched the forums, but I couldn't find what I was looking for...

I upload smilies, some in their own directory to separate the site I got them from. Every time I upgrade b2evolution, my old posts always end up with either broken smilies or the default ones used. This is even after I edit the plugins file to point to the custom smilies. The only way I know how to fix it is to click "edit" on an old post and save it.

Is there any other way to fix this? I have a few blogs, and one of them I've been using since the old B2, so you can imagine how many posts that is to edit by hand. 8|

Thanks!

2 Jul 20, 2009 00:54

Urm, since 1.x or summat custom smilies has been a plugin setting and there is no need to edit the file. AFAIK the settings are preserved on upgrade

¥

3 Jul 20, 2009 02:56

¥åßßå wrote:

Urm, since 1.x or summat custom smilies has been a plugin setting and there is no need to edit the file. AFAIK the settings are preserved on upgrade

¥

I haven't edited the actual file. I thought that when I went into its plugin settings from the back office it was editing the file for us, that's why I said that. :oops:

But I did do that, edit the plugin settings from the backoffice to point to my custom smilies. Still, unless I open and save each post again, it shows the default smilies and other custom ones are broken completely. I wonder if I DO edit the actual file before the upgrade, if it will apply my custom smilies to the posts...

4 Jul 21, 2009 14:17

Ok, that's a smidge weird though as the smilies should stick through an upgrade.

Instead of editing all posts you *should* be able to delete the cache ( admin > tools > misc > delete pre-rendered cache )

¥

5 Jul 22, 2009 15:39

Oh wow, that worked. Thank you SO much. I was just going to edit the first few posts and leave the rest, lol. Thanks again. :D

6 Sep 08, 2009 03:30

Mycustom smilies always break on upgrade but I have always saved my smilies plugin file which has all my custom smilies coded in and I normally upload that. When I tried that today it totally screwed up my blog Write page. I removed it but I don't want to upgrade my other 3 blogs till I get it sorted out.

7 Sep 09, 2009 02:37

Okay my smilie toolbar is not displaying at all.
Set to 'always's
I deleted the cache.

No default smilies or custom smilies

So now that it's a plug in I don't have to edit the php file??

8 Oct 15, 2009 17:27

Could someone help me? I still am smilieless on both of my v3 blogs and I don't know why.

9 Oct 27, 2009 19:52

It's been a fair while since evo stored it's smiley settings in a file ;)

¥

10 Nov 11, 2009 03:20

I figured it out. Even though I know I uploaded the smilie files it appears it didn't work. I am having a ton of FTP issues on my win 7 RC. Anyway I think I'm back to "normal".

Form is loading...